REUSE OF PLASTIC WATER BOTTLES
There is a huge controversy in Bangladesh regarding reuse of Plastic Water Bottles which is widely popular these days. The Daily Star has published an article claiming that there should be a statutory warning against reuse of this bottle.
Their concern is that several sources has confirmed:
The plastic (called polyethylene terephthalate or PET) used in these bottles contains a potentially carcinogenic element (something called diethylhydroxylamine or DEHA). The bottles are safe for one-time use only; if you must keep them longer, it should be or no more than a few days, week max, and keep them away from heat as well. Repeated washing and rinsing can cause the plastic to break down and the carcinogens (cancer-causing chemical agents) can leak into the water that you are drinking.
But some argue that US food and drug administration are allowing PET for food grade using & bottling medicine. So it is safe for multiple use.
Now the people are in a fix what to do who are so habituated in reusing plastic water bottles.
But before that many people are more concerned at the moment about another "Bottled danger".
REUSE OF PLASTIC WATER BOTTLES
- Awami League
- Breaking News
- citizen journalism
- Global Voices
- Global Warming
- Guest Post
- Human Rights
- international relations
- Khaleda Zia
- Liberation war
- Natural Disaster
- New Media
- Press freedom
- Sheikh Hasina
- Social media
- web 2.0
- world cup
My other selves:
From My Flickr
- ► 2013 (32)
- ► 2012 (61)
- ► 2011 (105)
- ► 2010 (168)
- ► 2009 (212)
- ► 2008 (379)
- ► 2007 (470)
- ► 2006 (401)
- ► 2005 (373)
- QUOTES FOR THE DAY Let them hate, so long as...
- The fundamentalists strikes a blow to the free spe...
- SAUDI ANTI-SEMITISM AND DOUBLE STANDARD
- POLITICAL TURBULENCE IN BANGLADESH
- Initiative to end extreme poverty
- And finally, the Everest
- How low can reality TV go?
- PUBLIC SERVICE WORK CULTURE IN BANGLADESH
- MUSIC BREAK Lets hear some soothing vocal excel...
- A BLOGGING FAMILY Meet Abez, her sister Aniraz ...
- TRACKBACK IN HALOSCAN Haloscan introduced track...
- MORE ON THE INTERNATIONAL MOTHER LANGUAGE DAY F...
- QUOTES ON THE INTERNATIONAL MOTHER LANGUAGE DAY
- Same-sex marriage
- Valentine the infidel
- Is the recent image of Islam based on false notion...
- ON KILLING OF 5 BANGLADESHI WORKERS IN SAUDI ARABI...
- QUOTES OF THE DAY You come to love not by fin...
- ON VALENTINE'S DAY
- WHAT CAUSES RAPE?
- LETTER FROM SYDNEY A friend writes to me on his...
- A 450 Seat Parliament - ploy of ruling coalition t...
- THE DIGGING SAGA CONTINUES
- QUOTE OF THE NIGHT We are for aiding our alli...
- AID WITH CONDITIONS
- REUSE OF PLASTIC WATER BOTTLES There is a huge ...
- BANGLADESH STAYS OUT OF BIMSTEC FREE TRADE TREATY
- PROS & CONS OF ELECTRONIC VOTING
- QUOTE OF THE DAY Our right is only over our a...
- WHAT IF GOD WAS ONE OF US Our good friend Laura...
- THE HAJJ STAMPEDE INCIDENT -SOME QUESTIONS
- Australians prefer to work overseas According t...
- REGIME CHANGE IN BANGLADESH
- QUOTES OF THE DAY
- SACRIFICE OR WASTE?
- ▼ February (35)