Bangladesh is known to many as a land cursed with natural calamities. Being a Ganges delta in the bay of Bengal, with a close to sea level height and numerous riverines it is prone to flood & cylone. The people are used to deal with these threats. Many lives are wasted every year on the onslaught of these calamities.
This year Bangladesh is on the verge of another worse flood. Continuous rise of Ganges at all its points is threatening many riversides and millions are marooned already(reports The Daily Independent). A few days ago a marine transport vessel capsized due to strong current and swirls with its almost 1000 passengers in Meghna river near Chandpur. Only 120 bodies were recovered and the double-decker launch is still missing. Strong currents are preventing rescue workers from continuing the search. Let us pray for the deaprted souls and lets hope that the affected people have the courage to overcome this.
I have found some interesting lines in the googlism.
-natural calamity is always a tragedy
-natural calamity is the law of nature
-natural calamity is a central idiom of the media
-natural calamity is one that causes widespread loss of crops, people, shelters, infrastructures
-natural calamity is so serious that the state government does not have adequate funds to deal with it
No wonder why Bangaldesh is still called a poor country instead of all its potentiality to rise above.
- Awami League
- Breaking News
- citizen journalism
- Global Voices
- Global Warming
- Guest Post
- Human Rights
- international relations
- Khaleda Zia
- Liberation war
- Natural Disaster
- New Media
- Press freedom
- Sheikh Hasina
- Social media
- web 2.0
- world cup
My other selves:
From My Flickr
- ► 2013 (32)
- ► 2012 (61)
- ► 2011 (105)
- ► 2010 (168)
- ► 2009 (212)
- ► 2008 (379)
- ► 2007 (470)
- ► 2006 (401)
- ► 2005 (373)
- ► 2004 (329)
- SIMPLICITY I remember men who knew a hundred so...
- Two Countries Skin remembers how long the year...
- PLATONIC LOVE I didn't know I loved the earth ...
- "EARTH FROM THE AIR" PHOTO EXHIBITION- BLINDS ARE ...
- INFLUENCE OF IRAN IN BENGAL
- Bangladesh vs. Australia - 2nd Test Bangladesh ...
- Monsoon It is the wind system that dominates th...
- Are blogs written only for fame?
- All the World's a Stage All the world's a stag...
- THOUGH FOR THE DAY "Erst wenn der letzte Baum g...
- CRICKET AND BANGLADESH
- TURNINGTABLES - THE DIARY OF AN AMERICAN SOLDIER I...
- BLOGS SHALL SET YOU FREE Pedram of Eyeiranian h...
- NATURAL CALAMITY Bangladesh is known to many as...
- REVIEW God, again and again through the age...
- Blogspot & persianblog blocked in Iran Hoder re...
- Bookends Theme - P. Simon, 1968 Time it was,...
- LESSONS FOR A WANNABE JOURNALIST Take the virtu...
- THE RATING OF THIS BLOG IS What rating is your...
- WHY WORRY? Why worry, there should be laughter ...
- RSS & XML Inspired by Sassan's list of RSS link...
- Euro English The European Commission has just a...
- THE HOOMAN-MICHAEL LEDEEN DEBATE Jeff Jarvis ap...
- WHATS HOT IN BLOGOSPHERE There are two good pos...
- ANOTHER BUSY DAY I hate busy days. I am not get...
- ▼ July (25)