Echo

DRINKING FROM A CAN CAN KILL YOU!  

Posted by Rezwan in , ,

We are always skeptic about can's hygienic conditions in Bangladesh (the way they are kept). When you're trying to quench your thirst with a can of Coke then you hear a family member crying "wash the top before you drink". Though many don't have the time and means to do that. But after hearing this I think they would have a second thought.

This incident happened recently in Belgium:

A woman went boating one Sunday, taking with her some cans of coke which she put in the refrigerator of the boat. On Monday she was taken into ICU and on Wednesday she died.

The autopsy revealed a certain Leptospirose caused by the can of coke from
which she had drunk, not using a glass. A test showed that the can was
infected by dried rat urine and hence the disease Leptospirosis.

Rat urine contains toxic and deathly substances. It is highly recommended
to wash thoroughly the upper part of soda cans before drinking out of them
as they have been stocked in warehouses and transported straight to the
shops without being cleaned. A study in Spain showed that the tops of soda
cans are more contaminated than public toilets i.e. full of germs and
bacteria.
So better wash the top of the can before you drink next time!

This entry was posted on August 06, 2003 at Wednesday, August 06, 2003 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment