Blogging in Bangla!
B¢j h¡Pm¡ Lb¡ h¢m
Meet Debashish & Sukanya, who have really done a revolutionary work by starting blogging in bangla. In their Bangla blog, they have showed the step by step help on "how to start a bangla blog".
The main tweaking you have to do:
1) In your browser's encoding set the View-> Encoding to UTF-8.
2) Change the meta settings in your template
3) Install any of the Unicode compliant fonts (Likhan, Ani, Akaash & Sagar)
4) After you have installed the fonts, go to Tools -> Internet Options -> Fonts in Internet Explorer. Choose any of the Bangla fonts.
5) Get latest version of usp10.dll file (uniscribe processor) and copy it to windows system.
6) You have to instal an editor which converts Bangla fonts to unicode and you have to paste it in your blog post.
7) You should have Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher on your machine.
Happy blogging in Bangla. And don't forget to add it to the Bangla Blog directory.
Well I am doing some experiment on the above and my effort looks like this, which does not look promising. I am facing problem in transforming bangla text from editor to unicode 8 which is not at all convenient. I hope I can get the hang of it soon.
I have to thank Debashish & Sukanya for their great effort and achieving this breakthrough. Keep it up mates.
Blogging in Bangla!
- Awami League
- Breaking News
- citizen journalism
- Global Voices
- Global Warming
- Guest Post
- Human Rights
- international relations
- Khaleda Zia
- Liberation war
- Natural Disaster
- New Media
- Press freedom
- Sheikh Hasina
- Social media
- web 2.0
- world cup
My other selves:
From My Flickr
- ► 2012 (61)
- ► 2011 (105)
- ► 2010 (168)
- ► 2009 (211)
- ► 2008 (379)
- ► 2007 (470)
- ► 2006 (401)
- ► 2005 (373)
- QUOTES OF THE DAY * Nationality is respectab...
- BLOG NOTES * Shihab has some new posts after a ...
- Mass arrests to tackle the opposition movement ...
- Controversy over Muslim call to prayer in Hamtramc...
- BLOG NOTES * A HISTORY OF CONFLICT - Timeline o...
- Current political crisis in Bangladesh and its fut...
- Home Sweet Home I have come back home safely. I...
- One day in Bangkok Day 6 : April 17, 2004 Ar...
- The long way to Colombo Day 5: April 16, 2004 ...
- Nuwara Eliya Day 4: April 15, 2004 7:15 PM ...
- Kandy to Nuwara Eliya Day 3: April 14, 2004 ...
- On the way to Kandy Day 2: April 13, 2004 7:...
- IN SRI LANKA Day 1: The morning was simply ...
- BANGKOK TO SRI LANKA 11 April, 2004 9:10 Ban...
- ON THE JOURNEY I am writing from Bangkok Airpor...
- Off to Sri Lanka I am traveling to Sri Lanka to...
- Blogging in Bangla! B¢j h¡Pm¡ Lb¡ h¢m Meet Deb...
- April 2004 - turbulent time in Bangladesh TIME ...
- Kal Baishakhi After almost three months of dry ...
- The university 'market' in UK Yes it is a marke...
- HOW AN AWARENESS CAMPAIGN SAVES MILLIONS OF DOLLAR...
- ▼ April (21)