BE WITH FAMILY
Recently my father had a cataract operation. I was tremendously busy with my work facing few deadlines, but managed a leave and stayed with him in the hospital. He was not expecting me and I could have appointed another kin to be beside him, but I felt like staying with him and I managed. I believe in cohesiveness of family members and will be with my parents as long as I can. I do not wish that one day Bangladeshis should behave with the parents as the western world does, where sending a card on a few occasions are the only signs of love. The parents become no-existent in their lives when they are grown up. The love of parents and cohesiveness is embedded in our culture as well as protected by religions.
I could manage my office over phone and could be with my father in time of his need. When I explained my position everybody co-operated. Where there is a will there is a way. For those who still value work more than family ties, I would like to tell; if you try you can manage both. I believe that. And it feels great.
BE WITH FAMILY
- Awami League
- Breaking News
- citizen journalism
- Global Voices
- Global Warming
- Guest Post
- Human Rights
- international relations
- Khaleda Zia
- Liberation war
- Natural Disaster
- New Media
- Press freedom
- Sheikh Hasina
- Social media
- web 2.0
- world cup
My other selves:
From My Flickr
- ► 2013 (29)
- ► 2012 (61)
- ► 2011 (105)
- ► 2010 (168)
- ► 2009 (212)
- ► 2008 (379)
- ► 2007 (470)
- ► 2006 (401)
- ► 2005 (373)
- QUOTE....UNQUOTE "A three-year old baby does no...
- "My Life" by Bill Clinton A brief synopsis of t...
- BE WITH FAMILY Recently my father had a catarac...
- BANGLADESHI IT STUDENTS IN DESPAIR More & more ...
- Falu's background Did you ever wonder what Mr. ...
- POETRY TIME If we fly So we are right On...
- QUOTES OF THE DAY "It is pretty obvious that...
- Influence of satellite TV Channels Bangladesh's...
- Stranded Pakistanis in Bangladesh There are abo...
- The post MFA challenge of Bangladesh RMG Sector ...
- QUOTES OF THE DAY "We cannot discuss the sta...
- BUSINESS I will be extremely busy this week. So...
- Illegal migration from Bangladesh to India Indi...
- LINKS OF THE DAY * If you care for some Novelty...
- DEFEAT OF BANGLADESH IN THE BID FOR OIC TOP POST ...
- INCREASE IN PER CAPITA INCOME Bnagldesh's per c...
- QUOTE OF THE DAY "When one door of happiness...
- Debating the Ahmadiyya book ban Let the debate ...
- THE SIDE-EFFECTS OF ASSISTING IN THE WAR AGAINST T...
- EURO 2004: England 1: France 2 The England-Fran...
- QUOTES OF THE DAY * The ultimate tendency of...
- Why the journalists have to be assaulted by Police...
- G8 Summit - the annual festivity of hypocracy I...
- STORIES THAT MATTERS MOST Most of us are pretty...
- QUOTES OF THE DAY * Sensitiveness is closely...
- GUEST BLOGGING I am guest blogging at Jivha.com...
- MORE TERROR DISRUPTS CITY LIFE I woke up with m...
- RUMSFELD IN BANGLADESH AMIDST PROTEST The US De...
- THE LARA QUOTE CREATES CONTROVERSY After the re...
- ITS RAINING After some pretty hot days, here co...
- TIGERS RAISING THEIR LEVEL The latest from the ...
- QUOTES OF THE DAY * The right to be alone --...
- ▼ June (32)