Views and links from a human being who hails from the so called third world
QUOTES OF THE DAY
* It is precisely the purpose of the public opinion generated by the press to make the public incapable of judging, to insinuate into it the attitude of someone irresponsible, uninformed.
- Walter Benjamin 1982-1940, German Critic, Philosopher
* The press and politicians. A delicate relationship. Too close, and danger ensues. Too far apart and democracy itself cannot function without the essential exchange of information. Creative leaks, a discreet lunch, interchange in the Lobby, the art of the unattributable telephone call, late at night.
- Howard Brenton, British Playwright
* The United States is unusual among the industrial democracies in the rigidity of the system of ideological control -- ''indoctrination,'' we might say -- exercised through the mass media.
Noam Chomsky 1928-, American Linguist, Political Activist
This entry was posted
on November 04, 2004
at Thursday, November 04, 2004
. You can follow any responses to this entry through the