I had a great vacation. I have not been fortunate like many of my colleagues to go to a holiday spot during the 6-days-long holidays. This year I mostly stayed at home and close to my daughter. This is her first Eid and we have began to take her out with us to shopping malls, groceries, to relatives houses etc. I should have used this vacation more wisely, reading from the thick Eid & Puja magazine volumes, preparing for the upcoming Java exam, do a bit of blogging or watch some Eid special programs in the TV. But I have spent rather a good time doing nothing of these things.
According to Qeta "Eid only signifies an occasion to have a bunch of people over (the more to make boring small talk with!) and to consume a prodigious amount of food". My Eid would have been close to that if I hadn't had my daughter to play with. Her latest habit: watching Television quietly lying in my lap.
On the other hand the traditions of numerous Eid visits in the family and friends circles can also be beneficial for us. Because in our busy lives we can have some get-together and see faces of kin which are hard to find in the whole year. And you know for some celebrating Eid away from them is more painful.
So hope you had a wonderful Eid too!
- Awami League
- Breaking News
- citizen journalism
- Global Voices
- Global Warming
- Guest Post
- Human Rights
- international relations
- Khaleda Zia
- Liberation war
- Natural Disaster
- New Media
- Press freedom
- Sheikh Hasina
- Social media
- web 2.0
- world cup
My other selves:
From My Flickr
- ► 2012 (61)
- ► 2011 (105)
- ► 2010 (168)
- ► 2009 (211)
- ► 2008 (379)
- ► 2007 (470)
- ► 2006 (401)
- ► 2005 (373)
- WHY CARETAKER GOVERNMENT IS A VITAL ISSUE The c...
- AROUND BANGLADESH * A solution to trafic proble...
- POET TRIDIB DASTIDAR - RIP It's too late for yo...
- GOOD NEWS FOR BANGLADESH ECONOMY The central Ba...
- KILLING OF AID WORKERS AND DOUBLE STANDARD I am...
- RIANNA UPDATE II Hello there. I am almost 2 mont...
- 2004 WEBLOG AWARDS At last Wizbang brings this ...
- TOILET REFLECTS CIVILIZATION The word "Toilet" ...
- BLOG NOTES * Jeanne of "Body and Soul" is outra...
- ON MUSLIM SOLIDARITY Ugur of the Turkish Torque...
- WHAT IS LAWFUL AND UNLAWFUL IN WAR I have lost...
- UNFRIENDLY NEIGHBOUR It seems the haters like M...
- VACATION BLUES I had a great vacation. I have n...
- AFTER ARAFAT The burial of Arafat was a widely ...
- EID HOLIDAYS We are in the middle of six days l...
- THE INVASION OF CHINESE CONSUMER GOODS -II I wr...
- FREE SALAHUDDIN SHOAIB CHOUDHURY I received an ...
- CONFUSED I am confused by a couple of news. One...
- AN APPEAL FOR THE RELEASE OF ABUL KASHEM FARUK, A ...
- BANGLADESH ELECTION The next election of Bangla...
- JAMAAT CLEARS ITS POSITION ON AHMADIYA ISSUE It...
- QUOTES OF THE DAY * It is precisely the purpos...
- PONDERING ON BUSH RE-ELECTION Many Bangladeshis...
- ▼ November (23)