I reported earlier via Shadakalo blog that Arif was quietly released 2 months ago, and newspapers were asked not to report on it.
But seems it was not true. Today a confirmation came from a group mail that he is still in a cell with one another person but seems in good spirits. Lawyers are moving the case and a decision is expected next month.
Let's hope that he is freed soon.
* Bangladesh: yet another Muhammad cartoon controversy
* Attack against freedom of speech: Bangladesh cartoon controversy update
* Cartoonist arrested over harmless play on name Mohammed.
* One Arifur Rahman and his fight against corruption
* Muhammad cat: Clerical Hypocrisy