Prothom Alo and BDNews24 reports that four advisors of the Bangladesh Caretaker Government have resigned. Among them are Law adviser Mainul Hosein, health adviser ASM Matiur Rahman, power and food adviser Tapan Chowdhury and industry adviser Geeteara Safiya Choudhury. (Retuers confirms)
Mainul and Tapan told newsmen that they tendered their resignation from the Council of Advisors, as the government desired.
The new advisors will be sworn in in Bangabhaban today.
There is a rumor that this is the first step for the national qualition government. Also significant is the news that Sheikh Hasina had told her party members to prepare for an election without her.
Update I: E-Bangladesh has posted a probable list of new advisors to be sworn in:
– Professor M Shamsher Ali, ex-vice chancellor of Bangladesh Open University.
– Professor Jamilur Reza Choudhury, vice chancellor of BRAC University.
– Major General (Retired) Golam Quader, ex-chief of DGFI.
– Nurul Huda, ex-IGP (Inspector General of Police).
– Rasheda K Choudhury, Director of CAMPE.
– Fazle Hasan Abed, chairman of BRAC.
– M Showkat Ali, ex-secretary.
Update II: Five new advisers were sworn in today. They are:
- Hossain Zillur Rahman - former BIDS senior research fellow
- Golam Quader - Retired major general, ex DGFI chief
- AMM Shawkat Ali -former secretary,
- AF Hassan Ariff - former attorney general
- Rasheda K Chowdhury -former ADAB president
Please stay tuned for more updates.