This is quite old (from June '08) and probably had been circulated to millions of email accounts by now. But some pieces are timeless and they can be called a classic.
Here is what Dr. Marc Faber concluded in his monthly bulletin of June 2008:
"The federal government is sending each of us a $600 rebate.Via Wordbeats.
The only way to keep that money here at home is to spend it on prostitutes and beer, since these are the only products still produced in US. I’ve been doing my part."
- If we spend that money at Wal-Mart, the money goes to China.
- If we spend it on gasoline it goes to the Arabs. If we buy a computer it will go to India.
- If we purchase fruit and vegetables it will go to Mexico, Honduras and Guatemala.
- If we purchase a good car it will go to Germany.
- If we purchase useless crap it will go to Taiwan and none of it will help the American economy.