OFF TO MUMBAI
March 8, 2005 9: 00 AM
Here I am sitting in the passenger lounge of ZIA International airport in Dhaka waiting for the a plane, which leaves after one and a half hour. It is really boring to wait for such a long time, when there is no internet and only one small duty-free shop to browse. The direct flight to Bombay takes only 2:40 hours flight time from Dhaka. Unfortunately it is available only twice a week. So I had to resort to this day-long endeavour involving two airlines and a 3:30 hours transit in Kolkata. Above all I am jitterish about the first flight in our national carrier. Biman's F-28 does not have a high reputation and being a small aircraft it is rather noisy and bumpy. ZIA has improved a lot since my tour to Sri Lanka last year. Human polution (sic.) mangement has improved better considering the tradition of whole family coming to Airport to see-off one individual. The check in was swift because there are more immigration counters set up. The whole process of security checking, luggage booking, boarding card issuing and immigration were done within 10 minutes. That's really great. I have seen activities of the cleaners to keep the waiting lounge clean however their cleaning methods were somewhat sloppy. Now I think I should concentrate on the training materials as I had little time to go through them. The next 3 days are packed with lots of work and no hint of any play in sight :(.
Please stay tuned for more tour blogging.
OFF TO MUMBAI
- Awami League
- Breaking News
- citizen journalism
- Global Voices
- Global Warming
- Guest Post
- Human Rights
- international relations
- Khaleda Zia
- Liberation war
- Natural Disaster
- New Media
- Press freedom
- Sheikh Hasina
- Social media
- web 2.0
- world cup
My other selves:
From My Flickr
- ► 2013 (29)
- ► 2012 (61)
- ► 2011 (105)
- ► 2010 (168)
- ► 2009 (212)
- ► 2008 (379)
- ► 2007 (470)
- ► 2006 (401)
- INDONESIA QUAKE TRIGGERS TSUNAMI SCARE An 8.7 ear...
- IN PURSUIT OF GROSS NATIONAL HAPPINESS Bhutan is ...
- WHY THE BRITISH GAVE THE INDIAN SUBCONTINENT THE W...
- NEWS(?) SNIPPETS * Hakkani Ulema first proclaimer...
- GOVT. PROPAGANDA SPARKS CONTROVERSY The anti-Awam...
- LINK-O-MATIC * No American visa if you blog - via...
- NUCLEAR PROLIFERATION BLUES America may have misl...
- GENDER INEQUALITY ACROSS THE GLOBE In the mostly ...
- BLOG NEWS UPDATE Elise Bauer gives an insight int...
- NEW BANGLADESHI BLOG SHOWCASE If you are a fan of...
- THE FEAR FACTOR There have been much controversy ...
- THE PRINCE AND THE PAUPER Saudi Prince Waleed Bin...
- QUOTES AROUND THE BLOGOSPHERE * "To be a wonderf...
- CROSSFIRE FEATURED IN RANTBURG Rantburg has a ...
- PASSIONS OF INDIA > Cricket and Cinema < You hav...
- BANGLADESH DESTROYS LANDMINE Bangladesh Army says...
- MORE BLOGGING AT THE AIRPORT Sometimes you can fe...
- MUMBAI: A CITY OF ADVERSITIES I think when the in...
- NETCARDS FROM MUMBAI Mumbai City from the apart...
- MUMBAI: DAY TWO The previous night went well. Whe...
- NEAR A BEACH IN MUMBAI Yes, I have safely arrived...
- AT KOLKATA AIRPORT Arrived safely at the NSCBI Ai...
- OFF TO MUMBAI March 8, 2005 9: 00 AM Here I am s...
- RIANNA'S DAYS Aaaa..vruuu..Oow..Aaa...(Hello ev...
- ▼ March (24)
- ► 2004 (329)