GLOBAL VOICES WIN
'Global voices online' has won the jury’s choice for the Best Journalistic Blog in English from Deutsche Welle, the German state broadcasting service. Many kudos to the co-founders Ethan Zuckerman and Rebecca MacKinnon and the GV editors and contributors for their outstanding efforts. I am proud to be one of the contributors.
Lisa Stone writes about GV:
"In my opinion, Global Voices is the most important blog in the English speaking world, bar none. This site is more than an up-to-the-minute guide and encyclopedia of the international blogosphere. Global Voices Online is a mega-blog the covers free speech by a global citizenry–and covers it well. It’s so important at a time when so many international voices are denied free speech by their governments and, in the United States, a very few, English-speaking, first-world media conglomerates dominate and determine the ownership, distribution and content of news."So, if you haven't bookmarked 'Global Voices Online' yet, don't forget to do it now.
GLOBAL VOICES WIN
- Awami League
- Breaking News
- citizen journalism
- Global Voices
- Global Warming
- Guest Post
- Human Rights
- international relations
- Khaleda Zia
- Liberation war
- Natural Disaster
- New Media
- Press freedom
- Sheikh Hasina
- Social media
- web 2.0
- world cup
My other selves:
From My Flickr
- ► 2013 (32)
- ► 2012 (61)
- ► 2011 (105)
- ► 2010 (168)
- ► 2009 (212)
- ► 2008 (379)
- ► 2007 (470)
- ► 2006 (401)
- TODAY'S LINKS * Bangladesh bombs - blog buzz * F...
- LIFE WITHOUT MUSIC Its Saudi blogger Alhamedi aga...
- BIRD FLU ALERT! From the 'Bird Flu Alert in Bangl...
- THE MILITANT MAYHEM CONTINUES IN BANGLADESH Wake ...
- HUMAN RIGHTS WATCH INDIA ON TRIGGER HAPPY BSF Ind...
- UTOPIA OR REALITY? "The world we are fighting for...
- TODAY'S LINKS * What the Muslim world needs is mo...
- A SHORT HISTORY OF THE IRAQI BLOGGERS Iraqi blogg...
- PERILS OF TECHNOLOGY Iranian blogger Hoder was re...
- BANGLADESH BLOGOSPHERE ON ABU HENA'S EXPULSION FRO...
- THE SWORD IS MIGHTIER Simon Denyer writes in Bost...
- TODAY'S LINKS * Blog etiquette for newspapers. *...
- SOUTH ASIAN INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL IN NEW YOR...
- VATICAN MEET AP Photo/L'Osservatore Romano In t...
- TOWARDS UNITY OR CHAOS? (Picture courtesy: The ...
- GLOBAL VOICES WIN 'Global voices online' has won ...
- HARRY POTTER'S BANGLADESH CONNECTION The lates...
- RACISM IN SAUDI ARABIA Saudi blogger "The Religio...
- BLOG OF AN EXILED JOURNALIST I have discovered th...
- TODAY'S LINKS * The partnership between Grameen &...
- MY WAY OR HIGHWAY Adda posts some thoughts on the...
- SINGAPORE PHOTOS Finally I have managed to up...
- TODAY'S LINKS * Village Phone replication manual....
- WORK HARD, LIVE HAPPY I am writing from an Intern...
- BUSY IN SINGAPORE At last got some time to be in ...
- TRAVEL UPDATE I am flying to Singapore tonight to...
- BANGLADESH IS BEING HELD TO RANSOM (Picture cour...
- QUOTE OF THE DAY "It is a certain fact that not ...
- WORDS OF ADVICE Words of advice for not to be mis...
- THE 13TH SAARC SUMMIT TAKES OFF IN DHAKA The 13th...
- TODAY'S LINKS * A short history of blogging. * T...
- Why the animosity?
- IS SAARC BECOMING LESS IMPORTANT? Amidst high sec...
- KILLERS' RELIGION Dilip attracts all the heat aft...
- TODAY'S LINKS * 'The 2nd Carnival of the feminist...
- EID AROUND THE WORLD Haitham Sabbah of 'Global Vo...
- POST EID BLUES I miss my single life. We used to ...
- QUOTE OF THE DAY May whatever moon you follow, ...
- CELEBRATING EID IN BANGLADESH I take this opportu...
- TODAY'S LINKS * Yahoo Messenger password scam war...
- ITS ALL ABOUT PRODUCTIVITY NOT THE FIGURE The wor...
- ▼ November (41)
- ► 2004 (329)