ITS ALL ABOUT PRODUCTIVITY NOT THE FIGURE
The world bank and other donors are pressurizing Bangladesh to curtail government jobs saying its too big for a poor country. Probably that is the cause behind the government decision to stop recruitments, which has aroused much resentment. According to an information, 60,000 posts of officers and employees are still vacant in different government offices.
But the point is are these jobs required? The civil administration sadly follows the work culture of yester years. The government offices have many unnecessary posts such as peons, stenographers, personal assistants, whereas technology can replace them. In private sector jobs are slowly being molded to produce better productivity. You will hardly find any unnecessary posts. Techonology has replaced them. But there is still a great digital divide in the civil administration. Many bureaucrats are not PC and internet savvy. In government sector the productivity is not increasing probably because of the traditional appraisal system which deals much with seniority rather than actual productivity. Performance based appraisal system is the call of the hour to ensure better productivity.
Above all I think Bangladesh should invest more in e-governance. India has been able to bring down corruption and increase productivity with the help of e-governance. And the initiatives of the government should not be to lay off en-masse, but to increase quality of service with existing workforce ensuring productivity and aided by technology.
ITS ALL ABOUT PRODUCTIVITY NOT THE FIGURE
- Awami League
- Breaking News
- citizen journalism
- Global Voices
- Global Warming
- Guest Post
- Human Rights
- international relations
- Khaleda Zia
- Liberation war
- Natural Disaster
- New Media
- Press freedom
- Sheikh Hasina
- Social media
- web 2.0
- world cup
My other selves:
From My Flickr
- ► 2013 (32)
- ► 2012 (61)
- ► 2011 (105)
- ► 2010 (168)
- ► 2009 (212)
- ► 2008 (379)
- ► 2007 (470)
- ► 2006 (401)
- TODAY'S LINKS * Bangladesh bombs - blog buzz * F...
- LIFE WITHOUT MUSIC Its Saudi blogger Alhamedi aga...
- BIRD FLU ALERT! From the 'Bird Flu Alert in Bangl...
- THE MILITANT MAYHEM CONTINUES IN BANGLADESH Wake ...
- HUMAN RIGHTS WATCH INDIA ON TRIGGER HAPPY BSF Ind...
- UTOPIA OR REALITY? "The world we are fighting for...
- TODAY'S LINKS * What the Muslim world needs is mo...
- A SHORT HISTORY OF THE IRAQI BLOGGERS Iraqi blogg...
- PERILS OF TECHNOLOGY Iranian blogger Hoder was re...
- BANGLADESH BLOGOSPHERE ON ABU HENA'S EXPULSION FRO...
- THE SWORD IS MIGHTIER Simon Denyer writes in Bost...
- TODAY'S LINKS * Blog etiquette for newspapers. *...
- SOUTH ASIAN INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL IN NEW YOR...
- VATICAN MEET AP Photo/L'Osservatore Romano In t...
- TOWARDS UNITY OR CHAOS? (Picture courtesy: The ...
- GLOBAL VOICES WIN 'Global voices online' has won ...
- HARRY POTTER'S BANGLADESH CONNECTION The lates...
- RACISM IN SAUDI ARABIA Saudi blogger "The Religio...
- BLOG OF AN EXILED JOURNALIST I have discovered th...
- TODAY'S LINKS * The partnership between Grameen &...
- MY WAY OR HIGHWAY Adda posts some thoughts on the...
- SINGAPORE PHOTOS Finally I have managed to up...
- TODAY'S LINKS * Village Phone replication manual....
- WORK HARD, LIVE HAPPY I am writing from an Intern...
- BUSY IN SINGAPORE At last got some time to be in ...
- TRAVEL UPDATE I am flying to Singapore tonight to...
- BANGLADESH IS BEING HELD TO RANSOM (Picture cour...
- QUOTE OF THE DAY "It is a certain fact that not ...
- WORDS OF ADVICE Words of advice for not to be mis...
- THE 13TH SAARC SUMMIT TAKES OFF IN DHAKA The 13th...
- TODAY'S LINKS * A short history of blogging. * T...
- Why the animosity?
- IS SAARC BECOMING LESS IMPORTANT? Amidst high sec...
- KILLERS' RELIGION Dilip attracts all the heat aft...
- TODAY'S LINKS * 'The 2nd Carnival of the feminist...
- EID AROUND THE WORLD Haitham Sabbah of 'Global Vo...
- POST EID BLUES I miss my single life. We used to ...
- QUOTE OF THE DAY May whatever moon you follow, ...
- CELEBRATING EID IN BANGLADESH I take this opportu...
- TODAY'S LINKS * Yahoo Messenger password scam war...
- ITS ALL ABOUT PRODUCTIVITY NOT THE FIGURE The wor...
- ▼ November (41)
- ► 2004 (329)