A Dhaka magistrate asked authorities Thursday to free Arifur Rahman, a former cartoonist of Bangla-language daily Prothom Alo who faces charges of 'hurting religious sentiment'.
The magistrate, however, did not specify any timeframe for his release.
The latest court order came approximately two months after the High Court declared Arif's detention illegal.
* Bangladesh: yet another Muhammad cartoon controversy
* Attack against freedom of speech: Bangladesh cartoon controversy update
* Cartoonist arrested over harmless play on name Mohammed.
* One Arifur Rahman and his fight against corruption
* Muhammad cat: Clerical Hypocrisy