Bumper food grain output
This year the government of Bangladesh predicts that they will achieve a bumper food grain output according to this report. The half of the cultivable farmland of the country have been cultivated with high-yielding varieties of Boro and IRRI rice and wheat this year (which is 15% more than last year). Scarcity of fertilizer and low rainfall did not have much affect in this achievement. You see this is the marvel of our "Sonar Bangla" (Golden Bengal). This land is as fertile as ever. Yet our road to prosperity is not smooth as their is widespread misuse and corruption. Lack of proper management is one of the main obstacles.
However there is a danger in trying to achieve higher yields. Cropping intensity in Bangladesh has increased more than four times in less than two decades. Farmers now till their farms four times a year including some unfamiliar items, such as maize and vegetables. The overuse of fertilizers and land is bound to make some adverse effect in the fertility of the land.
Lack of foreseeing the future impacts can really make this present success a failure in future.
Bumper food grain output
- Awami League
- Breaking News
- citizen journalism
- Global Voices
- Global Warming
- Guest Post
- Human Rights
- international relations
- Khaleda Zia
- Liberation war
- Natural Disaster
- New Media
- Press freedom
- Sheikh Hasina
- Social media
- web 2.0
- world cup
My other selves:
From My Flickr
- ► 2013 (32)
- ► 2012 (61)
- ► 2011 (105)
- ► 2010 (168)
- ► 2009 (212)
- ► 2008 (379)
- ► 2007 (470)
- ► 2006 (401)
- ► 2005 (373)
- Sheikh Yassin vs. Rachel Corrie Shahed Amanulla...
- Outsourcing, unemployment, taxes etc. There are l...
- Bumper food grain output This year the governme...
- Rabindranath Tagore's Nobel Prize Stolen This i...
- Matir Moina I watched the much acclaimed film M...
- The Black Night Of March 25th 1971 This is a ni...
- ALICE IN LABORATORY I had a long chat with ALIC...
- QUOTES OF THE DAY Man is made to adore and t...
- Remittance black market Bangladesh is among the...
- Bangladeshi street vendors in NY City complain of ...
- A little relief from debt burden Japan recently...
- Blog Survey: Expectations of Privacy and Account...
- BLOG NOTES * Another Indian Blogmela is up at Sha...
- DARING TO BE DIFFERENT Jivha has a fear, fear o...
- E-MAIL IN BANGLA Rifat from Chittagong starts a...
- QUOTES OF THE DAY It is a miserable state of...
- PEOPLES' VOICES Spaniards took the street of Madr...
- A JOURNEY BY TRAIN I made a short trip to Chitt...
- WHO LET THE CAT OUT? A stray cat sneaked aboard...
- CRICKET: A LONG AWAITED VICTORY After 5 years a...
- MORE BANGLADESHI BLOGGERS Meet Bangladeshi girl...
- BLOG NOTES 1) Laura has this wonderful post abo...
- The rise of the freepers The freepers are also...
- Depression blues I am pretty much depressed the...
- Who we are? An honest self exploration.
- Anti-Semiticism revisited This is an interesti...
- CROWN ENERGY, WHERE HAVE YOU GONE AWAY? The above...
- REPRESSION UPDATE This is not good at all.
- QUOTES OF THE DAY Words like ''freedom,'' ''...
- CRICKET: BANGLADESH BEAT AUSTRALIA Bangladesh h...
- Shiite attacks I got pretty depressed day befor...
- THE REPRESSION OF HUMAN RIGHTS Prominent edito...
- ▼ March (32)