Spaniards took the street of Madrid by millions last friday to protest the train bombings (aka 3/11) that killed 199 peoples. They have showed that they are not afraid of the terrorists.
They chanted amidst the rain:
"Cowards!", "Assassins!", "No to Terror", "Today Our Tears Reach Heaven.", "Who and Why?" and aptly "Send the terrorists to the firing squad!"
I believe that if people rise and protest every evil deed of the terrorists, the govt and the international community is bound to take prompt and right actions. It is the time when people really should take the streets to protest any violence, dominance, hatred and exploitation etc. by the terrorists or any evil force; whether it is in Dhaka, or Tehran or Newyork. This is required to show their courage and to let the terrorists know that people are not afraid.
Source: Powerline Blog.
- Awami League
- Breaking News
- citizen journalism
- Global Voices
- Global Warming
- Guest Post
- Human Rights
- international relations
- Khaleda Zia
- Liberation war
- Natural Disaster
- New Media
- Press freedom
- Sheikh Hasina
- Social media
- web 2.0
- world cup
My other selves:
From My Flickr
- ► 2013 (29)
- ► 2012 (61)
- ► 2011 (105)
- ► 2010 (168)
- ► 2009 (212)
- ► 2008 (379)
- ► 2007 (470)
- ► 2006 (401)
- ► 2005 (373)
- Sheikh Yassin vs. Rachel Corrie Shahed Amanulla...
- Outsourcing, unemployment, taxes etc. There are l...
- Bumper food grain output This year the governme...
- Rabindranath Tagore's Nobel Prize Stolen This i...
- Matir Moina I watched the much acclaimed film M...
- The Black Night Of March 25th 1971 This is a ni...
- ALICE IN LABORATORY I had a long chat with ALIC...
- QUOTES OF THE DAY Man is made to adore and t...
- Remittance black market Bangladesh is among the...
- Bangladeshi street vendors in NY City complain of ...
- A little relief from debt burden Japan recently...
- Blog Survey: Expectations of Privacy and Account...
- BLOG NOTES * Another Indian Blogmela is up at Sha...
- DARING TO BE DIFFERENT Jivha has a fear, fear o...
- E-MAIL IN BANGLA Rifat from Chittagong starts a...
- QUOTES OF THE DAY It is a miserable state of...
- PEOPLES' VOICES Spaniards took the street of Madr...
- A JOURNEY BY TRAIN I made a short trip to Chitt...
- WHO LET THE CAT OUT? A stray cat sneaked aboard...
- CRICKET: A LONG AWAITED VICTORY After 5 years a...
- MORE BANGLADESHI BLOGGERS Meet Bangladeshi girl...
- BLOG NOTES 1) Laura has this wonderful post abo...
- The rise of the freepers The freepers are also...
- Depression blues I am pretty much depressed the...
- Who we are? An honest self exploration.
- Anti-Semiticism revisited This is an interesti...
- CROWN ENERGY, WHERE HAVE YOU GONE AWAY? The above...
- REPRESSION UPDATE This is not good at all.
- QUOTES OF THE DAY Words like ''freedom,'' ''...
- CRICKET: BANGLADESH BEAT AUSTRALIA Bangladesh h...
- Shiite attacks I got pretty depressed day befor...
- THE REPRESSION OF HUMAN RIGHTS Prominent edito...
- ▼ March (32)