E-Vote for Bangladesh
Encouraged by the success of e-voting in Indian general election, Saifur Rahman, the finance minister of Bangladesh has rightly said that all political parties and civil society members should unite in favor of introducing electronic voting system in Bangladesh. It will ensure a smooth, sharp and reliable electoral system.
He points out to a burning truth:
"Our politicians maintain a culture that indulges raising indiscriminate allegations of rigging when defeated in the poll"
I hope that the government gets itself equipped with the e-vote system before the next election.
Source: The Daily Star
E-Vote for Bangladesh
- Awami League
- Breaking News
- citizen journalism
- Global Voices
- Global Warming
- Guest Post
- Human Rights
- international relations
- Khaleda Zia
- Liberation war
- Natural Disaster
- New Media
- Press freedom
- Sheikh Hasina
- Social media
- web 2.0
- world cup
My other selves:
From My Flickr
- ► 2012 (61)
- ► 2011 (105)
- ► 2010 (168)
- ► 2009 (211)
- ► 2008 (379)
- ► 2007 (470)
- ► 2006 (401)
- ► 2005 (373)
- ANOUNCING A NEW BLOG My former classmate Arief ...
- LONG LIVE TOKAII Tokaii is a cartoon character cr...
- HOW TO SURVIVE A HEART ATTACK WHEN ALONE Let's ...
- Solitude vs. communal life Solitude is the stat...
- Rich-poor gap still widening Bangladesh is a co...
- FRUITS OF BANGLADESH I have been pretty busy la...
- QUOTES OF THE DAY * Who, except the gods, ca...
- BLOG NOTES * Laura was shocked to find that her...
- 51 Good Things about Singapore
- PLUNGING FURTHER INTO ANARCHY AND LAWLESSNESS I...
- LEARNING LESSONS I have been forwarded this ema...
- Bangladeshi British appointed British High Commiss...
- E-Vote for Bangladesh Encouraged by the success...
- HEATWAVE CONTINUES The heatwave in Bangladesh c...
- VIRTUAL PAINTING EXHIBITION Dhaka's Graphic Art...
- NEW FEATURES OF BLOGGER I have been trying some...
- Salute to Democracy
- FIGHTING FOR A VOICE IN THE LAND OF FREE After ...
- BACK TO WHERE THEY BELONG Bangladesh's main opp...
- BANGLADESH WIN TOUR OPENER After the recent one...
- BIRTHDAY Whoa! Its 7 PM and I am still at offic...
- SCARE Shit really happens. I was really scared ...
- MORE ANARCHY AND VIOLENCE IN BANGLADESH This & ...
- BANGA BAZAAR STRETCHES TO CALCUTTA STREETS If y...
- ASIA WEBLOG AWARDS 2004 Another year, another r...
- QUOTES OF THE DAY * If you are pre-occupied ...
- GMAIL and proliferation of blogs The word is ou...
- BANGLADESHI BLOGS Here is an updated list of Bl...
- ▼ May (28)