I have been forwarded this email message today for mass campaigning:
Two instances from our neighboring country and we Bangladeshis /our leaders have a lot to learn.
* Sonia Gandhi, heir to India's Nehru-Gandhi dynasty, has tearfully given up her chance to become prime minister to protect her new Congress government from damaging attacks over her Italian birth. "I must humbly decline this post," she told a chaotic party meeting in parliament's timber-paneled central hall, lined with life-sized portraits of former prime ministers, including her husband, Rajiv, and mother-in-law Indira Gandhi, who were both assassinated.
* Indian Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee resigned Thursday following the stunning defeat of his Hindu nationalist-led coalition government. Mr. Vajpayee conceded defeat, Defense Minister George Fernandes told reporters after the Congress party and its allies had swept polls in the world's largest democracy. "We are on a mission. We have no regrets. We respect the mandate of the people," said Venkaiah Naidu, president of BJP.
Folks, it is us who are/will be selecting our country's leaders. We must think twice and try to motivate ourselves/our surroundings for a mutation. General attitude needs to be changed and if we do not start who will?
Please come forward and start a move.
- Awami League
- Breaking News
- citizen journalism
- Global Voices
- Global Warming
- Guest Post
- Human Rights
- international relations
- Khaleda Zia
- Liberation war
- Natural Disaster
- New Media
- Press freedom
- Sheikh Hasina
- Social media
- web 2.0
- world cup
My other selves:
From My Flickr
- ► 2013 (32)
- ► 2012 (61)
- ► 2011 (105)
- ► 2010 (168)
- ► 2009 (212)
- ► 2008 (379)
- ► 2007 (470)
- ► 2006 (401)
- ► 2005 (373)
- ANOUNCING A NEW BLOG My former classmate Arief ...
- LONG LIVE TOKAII Tokaii is a cartoon character cr...
- HOW TO SURVIVE A HEART ATTACK WHEN ALONE Let's ...
- Solitude vs. communal life Solitude is the stat...
- Rich-poor gap still widening Bangladesh is a co...
- FRUITS OF BANGLADESH I have been pretty busy la...
- QUOTES OF THE DAY * Who, except the gods, ca...
- BLOG NOTES * Laura was shocked to find that her...
- 51 Good Things about Singapore
- PLUNGING FURTHER INTO ANARCHY AND LAWLESSNESS I...
- LEARNING LESSONS I have been forwarded this ema...
- Bangladeshi British appointed British High Commiss...
- E-Vote for Bangladesh Encouraged by the success...
- HEATWAVE CONTINUES The heatwave in Bangladesh c...
- VIRTUAL PAINTING EXHIBITION Dhaka's Graphic Art...
- NEW FEATURES OF BLOGGER I have been trying some...
- Salute to Democracy
- FIGHTING FOR A VOICE IN THE LAND OF FREE After ...
- BACK TO WHERE THEY BELONG Bangladesh's main opp...
- BANGLADESH WIN TOUR OPENER After the recent one...
- BIRTHDAY Whoa! Its 7 PM and I am still at offic...
- SCARE Shit really happens. I was really scared ...
- MORE ANARCHY AND VIOLENCE IN BANGLADESH This & ...
- BANGA BAZAAR STRETCHES TO CALCUTTA STREETS If y...
- ASIA WEBLOG AWARDS 2004 Another year, another r...
- QUOTES OF THE DAY * If you are pre-occupied ...
- GMAIL and proliferation of blogs The word is ou...
- BANGLADESHI BLOGS Here is an updated list of Bl...
- ▼ May (28)