The heatwave in Bangladesh continues to disrupt normal life. At times the heat becomes really unbearable. The temperature hits around 40 degree Celsius in day time which is the maximum in last five years. Some occasional drizzles brought some respite but we need some prolonged showers.
Bangladesh's government has told farmers to install fans in poultry houses so their chickens can keep their cool during the heatwave.
Rifat has a hypothesis to tackle this heat. However severe the heat or cold is, he always thinks that there is still more odd weather coming. He claims that this has made him bear the temperature easier than others.
Well I don't know about that as I prefer not to stay outside longer in day time. But it becomes really unbearable when there is no breeze and aircondition and you are being baked inside four corners of a wall .
- Awami League
- Breaking News
- citizen journalism
- Global Voices
- Global Warming
- Guest Post
- Human Rights
- international relations
- Khaleda Zia
- Liberation war
- Natural Disaster
- New Media
- Press freedom
- Sheikh Hasina
- Social media
- web 2.0
- world cup
My other selves:
From My Flickr
- ► 2012 (61)
- ► 2011 (105)
- ► 2010 (168)
- ► 2009 (211)
- ► 2008 (379)
- ► 2007 (470)
- ► 2006 (401)
- ► 2005 (373)
- ANOUNCING A NEW BLOG My former classmate Arief ...
- LONG LIVE TOKAII Tokaii is a cartoon character cr...
- HOW TO SURVIVE A HEART ATTACK WHEN ALONE Let's ...
- Solitude vs. communal life Solitude is the stat...
- Rich-poor gap still widening Bangladesh is a co...
- FRUITS OF BANGLADESH I have been pretty busy la...
- QUOTES OF THE DAY * Who, except the gods, ca...
- BLOG NOTES * Laura was shocked to find that her...
- 51 Good Things about Singapore
- PLUNGING FURTHER INTO ANARCHY AND LAWLESSNESS I...
- LEARNING LESSONS I have been forwarded this ema...
- Bangladeshi British appointed British High Commiss...
- E-Vote for Bangladesh Encouraged by the success...
- HEATWAVE CONTINUES The heatwave in Bangladesh c...
- VIRTUAL PAINTING EXHIBITION Dhaka's Graphic Art...
- NEW FEATURES OF BLOGGER I have been trying some...
- Salute to Democracy
- FIGHTING FOR A VOICE IN THE LAND OF FREE After ...
- BACK TO WHERE THEY BELONG Bangladesh's main opp...
- BANGLADESH WIN TOUR OPENER After the recent one...
- BIRTHDAY Whoa! Its 7 PM and I am still at offic...
- SCARE Shit really happens. I was really scared ...
- MORE ANARCHY AND VIOLENCE IN BANGLADESH This & ...
- BANGA BAZAAR STRETCHES TO CALCUTTA STREETS If y...
- ASIA WEBLOG AWARDS 2004 Another year, another r...
- QUOTES OF THE DAY * If you are pre-occupied ...
- GMAIL and proliferation of blogs The word is ou...
- BANGLADESHI BLOGS Here is an updated list of Bl...
- ▼ May (28)