PICTURES OF RESISTANCE
Drik, a photography related organization arranges CHOBIMELA III the third biannual international festival of photography. Their last two initiatives were also successful.
Sahidul Alam, a pioneer of photography in Bangladesh (Chief of Drik) has this to say on this year's theme "Resistance":
"Each pen that fails to write, each shutter that fails to open, each voice that refuses to shout in protest when governmental and corporate power flex its muscle, bears the guilt of compliance. This festival in giving space to the excluded, pays homage to the few who continued to say no."
Here is a good review of the festival. Ishtiaque has posted links to the schedule. Finally I am managing some time to visit the festival today. So all picture lovers in Dhaka, what are you waiting for?
PICTURES OF RESISTANCE
- Awami League
- Breaking News
- citizen journalism
- Global Voices
- Global Warming
- Guest Post
- Human Rights
- international relations
- Khaleda Zia
- Liberation war
- Natural Disaster
- New Media
- Press freedom
- Sheikh Hasina
- Social media
- web 2.0
- world cup
My other selves:
From My Flickr
- ► 2013 (32)
- ► 2012 (61)
- ► 2011 (105)
- ► 2010 (168)
- ► 2009 (212)
- ► 2008 (379)
- ► 2007 (470)
- ► 2006 (401)
- ► 2005 (373)
- NEW TSUNAMI THREAT? Suman Kumar reports that th...
- THE DEATH TOLL IS TOO MUCH TO BEAR How many...
- WHAT MIGHT HAVE SAVED BANGLADESH? Many are ...
- O SWEET VICTORY , COME TO US AGAIN AND AGAIN Ba...
- ANOTHER CLOSE CALL FOR BANGLADESH Before the news...
- RIANNA UPDATE III Hello Hello. Merry Christ...
- SUNDAY'S LINKFEST * Eating out Blogging and Jou...
- THE DYNASTY CONTINUES Yesterday Dhaka saw the ris...
- AROUND THE BLOGOSPHERE * Oppression in a new fo...
- LOGICAL INTERPRETATIONS REQUIRED After 9/11 Isl...
- DIVIDED OPINIONS: PRO or ANTI Is Bangladesh div...
- ASIA BLOG AWARDS 2004: VOTING HAS BEGAN If you ...
- LOOKING BACK The four articles posted below wer...
- VICTORY DAY: 16th of December On this day in 19...
- The Concert for Bangladesh The US government was ...
- The history of Independence of Bangladesh I am ...
- MARTYRED INTELLECTUALS DAY: DECEMBER 14TH Today...
- AROUND THE BLOGOSPHERE * World Bank on Dhaka mo...
- IRAQI BLOGGERS' TOUR OF USA Iraqi Blogger broth...
- TWO LITTLE MASTERS India's batting god Sach...
- NO CONFIDENCE Hundreds of thousands of people for...
- PICTURES OF RESISTANCE Drik, a photography ...
- AT LAST WE HAVE A MATCH UNDER TIGHT SECURITY The ...
- LIVING IN BANGLADESH While passing our remark a...
- ASIA BLOG AWARDS 2004 Looks like the blog fever...
- INVENTION OF MINESWEEPER I am not talking about...
- INT'L EDUCATION FARE - SUPPORTING EXPORT OF MANPOW...
- VOTE FOR THE BEST WEBLOGS Voting for the 20...
- ▼ December (28)