Sameen has a brilliant post blasting all deshis who show disgust and disregard towards life in Bangladesh. She advises the teens of Bangladesh:
Its really easy to be frustrated...but isnt life all about making the best of what you have? ...yes, the country doesnt generate enough power to last 48 continuous hours without a loadshedding, yes the govt is messed up and yes the weather is really bad. But why does that make people assume life in 'America' is so much better?
Actually come to think of it...why are we even comparing bdlife to western life??? If America was 30 something yr old, we would probably have grounds to compare..
People get it wrong always:
DONT JUDGE BANGLADESH BY DHAKA AND DHAKA ONLY! Theres soooooo much more to the country!
And I like this most:
If you make a global show of disrespect for your country, the global community in return will grow disrespect for you. YOU ARE YOUR CULTURE. YOU ARE YOUR RELIGION. YOU ARE YOUR NATION. No matter how corrupt the country is, no matter how messed up the government or the society is...no matter where I go, I represent Bangladesh. I represent Islam. I represent my family.
Damn right you are. And I would also urge every one to be positive and portray a positive image of yourself and the country. Everybody tries to look decent among others no matter how poor and shattered one is inside. Don't get it wrong, its not about deceiving others. Its a mission statement, a positive image of what we want to be. Be positive, life is what you make it.
- Awami League
- Breaking News
- citizen journalism
- Global Voices
- Global Warming
- Guest Post
- Human Rights
- international relations
- Khaleda Zia
- Liberation war
- Natural Disaster
- New Media
- Press freedom
- Sheikh Hasina
- Social media
- web 2.0
- world cup
My other selves:
From My Flickr
- ► 2012 (61)
- ► 2011 (105)
- ► 2010 (168)
- ► 2009 (211)
- ► 2008 (379)
- ► 2007 (470)
- ► 2006 (401)
- QUOTES OF THE DAY "The American Dream has run ou...
- NIXON AND THE TWO FACE OF AMERICA Some 40,000 Ame...
- TODAY'S LINKS * A letter to the Indian people by ...
- A TYPICAL BANGLADESH BASHING Out of an assorted i...
- SEEKER OF THE TRUTH Sadiq M. Alam is a Bangladesh...
- WHICH STATISTIC ARE YOU? "There are two kinds of...
- WHY BANGLADESH IS STRUGGLING TO LURE TOURISTS Imt...
- TODAY'S LINKS * Quiz: Programming Language Invent...
- INDO-BANGLA MEET ENDS WITH ISSUES REMAINING UNRESO...
- THE FUTURE OF BANGLADESH POLITICS Futurebangla Ne...
- TODAY'S LINKS * Cookies or no cookies (in your ha...
- BE POSITIVE Sameen has a brilliant post blasting ...
- MAJORITY OF AMERICANS OPPOSE WAR WITH IRAQ Acco...
- THE SUBMARINE CABLE SAGA Integrity International,...
- A MINISTER, A GIFTED CAR AND AN OIL COMPANY The...
- BIDISHA, BANGLADESH'S MUKHTARAN MAI Mukhtaran Mai...
- 'BANGLADESH WIN' IN THE MEDIA I am collating here...
- THANK YOU AUSTRALIA I am writing this shortly aft...
- SOME LINKS * Who can stop the rise of China? * S...
- THE RAINY SEASON COMES WITH ITS TRUE COLORS বাদ...
- THE GRAPE OF FOREIGN EDUCATION TURNING SORE ON BAN...
- TODAY'S LINKS * The breast-bottle - a new sensati...
- QUOTES OF THE DAY "Government lasts as long as t...
- BANGLADESH NATIONAL BUDGET 2005-2006 This site pr...
- THE PLIGHT OF THE STATELESS PEOPLE - CAUGHT IN THE...
- A NEW PRODUCTIVE BLEND Last year I wrote about th...
- THE GOLDEN FIBER OF BENGAL Jute, nicknamed "G...
- TODAY'S LINKS * Persecution of Bangladesh is just...
- WHAT'S HOT OR NOT * Return Darjeeling to Banglade...
- BOOK TAG Oh no! The book tag meme has hit me too!...
- QUOTES OF THE DAY "To read the papers and to lis...
- THE HILSHA BAN The Bengalis know how important H...
- QUOTES OF THE DAY "Eloquence, at its highest pit...
- GLOBAL UNITY BETWEEN ISLAMIC AND THE LEFT FORCES ...
- ON UNDERSTANDING OTHER CULTURES The world is full...
- ▼ June (35)
- ► 2004 (329)