A NEW PRODUCTIVE BLEND
Last year I wrote about the decline of tea exports in Bangladesh. This has happened due to the fact that the internal consumption is going up 3.5 percent every year against 1 percent production growth. The country now produces nearly 60 million kilograms a year, but after domestic demand has been satisfied just 12 million is left over for export. There is a great demand for Bangladesh Tea in foreign countries. So the imperative was to increase the productivity.
According to this report, Botanists at the Bangladesh Tea Research Institute have developed a new variety of tea, called BT16. The new variety has a better taste, as well as almost double production yield.
However it will take some years to get the commercial benefits of plantation of this new clone. I hope it will bring good luck for Bangladesh.
A NEW PRODUCTIVE BLEND
- Awami League
- Breaking News
- citizen journalism
- Global Voices
- Global Warming
- Guest Post
- Human Rights
- international relations
- Khaleda Zia
- Liberation war
- Natural Disaster
- New Media
- Press freedom
- Sheikh Hasina
- Social media
- web 2.0
- world cup
My other selves:
From My Flickr
- ► 2013 (32)
- ► 2012 (61)
- ► 2011 (105)
- ► 2010 (168)
- ► 2009 (212)
- ► 2008 (379)
- ► 2007 (470)
- ► 2006 (401)
- QUOTES OF THE DAY "The American Dream has run ou...
- NIXON AND THE TWO FACE OF AMERICA Some 40,000 Ame...
- TODAY'S LINKS * A letter to the Indian people by ...
- A TYPICAL BANGLADESH BASHING Out of an assorted i...
- SEEKER OF THE TRUTH Sadiq M. Alam is a Bangladesh...
- WHICH STATISTIC ARE YOU? "There are two kinds of...
- WHY BANGLADESH IS STRUGGLING TO LURE TOURISTS Imt...
- TODAY'S LINKS * Quiz: Programming Language Invent...
- INDO-BANGLA MEET ENDS WITH ISSUES REMAINING UNRESO...
- THE FUTURE OF BANGLADESH POLITICS Futurebangla Ne...
- TODAY'S LINKS * Cookies or no cookies (in your ha...
- BE POSITIVE Sameen has a brilliant post blasting ...
- MAJORITY OF AMERICANS OPPOSE WAR WITH IRAQ Acco...
- THE SUBMARINE CABLE SAGA Integrity International,...
- A MINISTER, A GIFTED CAR AND AN OIL COMPANY The...
- BIDISHA, BANGLADESH'S MUKHTARAN MAI Mukhtaran Mai...
- 'BANGLADESH WIN' IN THE MEDIA I am collating here...
- THANK YOU AUSTRALIA I am writing this shortly aft...
- SOME LINKS * Who can stop the rise of China? * S...
- THE RAINY SEASON COMES WITH ITS TRUE COLORS বাদ...
- THE GRAPE OF FOREIGN EDUCATION TURNING SORE ON BAN...
- TODAY'S LINKS * The breast-bottle - a new sensati...
- QUOTES OF THE DAY "Government lasts as long as t...
- BANGLADESH NATIONAL BUDGET 2005-2006 This site pr...
- THE PLIGHT OF THE STATELESS PEOPLE - CAUGHT IN THE...
- A NEW PRODUCTIVE BLEND Last year I wrote about th...
- THE GOLDEN FIBER OF BENGAL Jute, nicknamed "G...
- TODAY'S LINKS * Persecution of Bangladesh is just...
- WHAT'S HOT OR NOT * Return Darjeeling to Banglade...
- BOOK TAG Oh no! The book tag meme has hit me too!...
- QUOTES OF THE DAY "To read the papers and to lis...
- THE HILSHA BAN The Bengalis know how important H...
- QUOTES OF THE DAY "Eloquence, at its highest pit...
- GLOBAL UNITY BETWEEN ISLAMIC AND THE LEFT FORCES ...
- ON UNDERSTANDING OTHER CULTURES The world is full...
- ▼ June (35)
- ► 2004 (329)