"When I see a handcuffed youth putting his head down, I do not see him as a notorious extremist, I see in him a helpless youth victim of exploitation"
The above is an excerpt from an article (Bengali) written by Md. Zafar Iqbal. His touching writings shed light to the fact that Madrassa education which is often the last resort of getting an education of the parentless children is being neglected by the government. The quality of the curriculum and education are never controlled, poorly funded, and it is deemed by the job industry as substandard. So the youths who receive Madrassa education become frustrated with life easily and fall into the grip of the fundamentalists who wants to manipulate them in Jihadi doctrine.
Last year I wrote a post about Madrassa education where I quoted someone:
We are doing injustice to the Madrassa students by not condemning the atrocities against them and not bettering their conditions regarding education and establishment. The government has a great role to play for modernizing & updating Madrassa education.
Mr. Iqbal ends his article with this:
"I am curious to learn about those big religious leaders of our country who prefer and promote madrassa education over the general education. Where are their sons and daughters studying? In Madrassas or in schools or colleges? "
Yes we want to know that too!
- Awami League
- Breaking News
- citizen journalism
- Global Voices
- Global Warming
- Guest Post
- Human Rights
- international relations
- Khaleda Zia
- Liberation war
- Natural Disaster
- New Media
- Press freedom
- Sheikh Hasina
- Social media
- web 2.0
- world cup
My other selves:
From My Flickr
- ► 2012 (61)
- ► 2011 (105)
- ► 2010 (168)
- ► 2009 (211)
- ► 2008 (379)
- ► 2007 (470)
- ► 2006 (401)
- TUESDAY'S PICKS * Jamati and Moududi thoughts: an...
- TODAY'S PICKS * An autumn summer reading list for...
- RIANNA'S PARTY Hello everyone, its long since I l...
- CAN'T WE DO SOMETHING ABOUT HARTALS? I think many...
- EARTHQUAKE AND TIDAL SURGES IN BANGLADESH There w...
- CONSPIRACY THEORY Since the August 17 bombings w...
- TODAY'S PICKS * A sarcastic look at a lawsuit aga...
- THE EXPLOITATON "When I see a handcuffed youth pu...
- SEE NO EVIL HEAR NO EVIL I have recently worte ab...
- SOUTH ASIAN BLOG ROUNDUP This week's South Asian ...
- HEAD BURIED IN THE SAND While the home minister B...
- JAMES TO ROCK IN BOLLYWOOD "He is like the Hendrix...
- DUDE, YOU LOOK LIKE AL-QAEDA One NY firefighter g...
- UNDERSTANDING YOUR NEIGHBOR Jairam Ramesh, member...
- THIS COMPENSATION VS. THAT COMPENSATION Deshi gir...
- THIS POOR VS. THAT POOR Excerpts from a letter to...
- LUNACY AT ITS BEST This guy is totally messed up....
- WHITE BAND DAY II The global call to action again...
- IRISH FRIENDSHIP WISH May there always be work f...
- HOW EXTREMISM CAME TO BANGLADESH David Montero of...
- TODAY'S PICKS ON BANGLADESH * Unicef praises Bang...
- THE SHAME OF THE CIVIL SOCIETY IS THE POWER "Soone...
- DJUICE- CHAINED SUBCULTURE "Culture is the name fo...
- BANGLADESHI BLOG SHOWCASE From Mac's blog (Bangla...
- BANGLADESH EXTENDS HER HELPING HAND Bangladesh is...
- SOUTH ASIAN BLOG ROUNDUP My South Asian Blog Roun...
- KATRINA & BANGLADESH Rising water has killed hundr...
- ▼ September (27)
- ► 2004 (329)