SEE NO EVIL HEAR NO EVIL
I have recently worte about the Jamaate-Islami lawmaker's ridiculous claim that involvement of the Islami extremist organization Jama'atul Mujahideen Bangladesh (JMB) are baseless and propaganda of certain quarters when all the evidences are pointing out to them.
Now things are looking very complicated as two activists of Islami Chhatra Shibir, student wing of Jamaat-e-Islami, were arrested on the national parliamen premises with CDs and books on jihad on Wednesday night at 12:30am by police.
The Daily Star reports:
Following the arrest, ruling Jamaat MPs started lobbying with the speaker for the release of the arrested Shibir activists. They also put pressure on the police not to disclose the incident.
Jamaat lawmaker Abdul Aziz asked the sergeant-at-arms to initiate steps for their release, which the latter refused, saying it is the jurisdiction of the speaker.
The lawmaker (then) tried to convince the speaker (over phone)saying they are Shibir activists from his Gaibandha-1 constituency and they were returning from a religious function, sources said.
Later, Aziz even physically went to the police station.
The speaker responded: "It is a sensitive matter and related to the security of the parliament complex. Law will take its own course."
The two were released next day on bail. The police is now keeping mum about the contents of the confiscated CDs and books.
I think the next Jamaati statement would be that the cops were harassing some innocent Muslims who were taking a walk in the parliament area late at night and their possessions were legal as Jihad is never a sedition, it is a democratic right.
SEE NO EVIL HEAR NO EVIL
- Awami League
- Breaking News
- citizen journalism
- Global Voices
- Global Warming
- Guest Post
- Human Rights
- international relations
- Khaleda Zia
- Liberation war
- Natural Disaster
- New Media
- Press freedom
- Sheikh Hasina
- Social media
- web 2.0
- world cup
My other selves:
From My Flickr
- ► 2012 (61)
- ► 2011 (105)
- ► 2010 (168)
- ► 2009 (211)
- ► 2008 (379)
- ► 2007 (470)
- ► 2006 (401)
- TUESDAY'S PICKS * Jamati and Moududi thoughts: an...
- TODAY'S PICKS * An autumn summer reading list for...
- RIANNA'S PARTY Hello everyone, its long since I l...
- CAN'T WE DO SOMETHING ABOUT HARTALS? I think many...
- EARTHQUAKE AND TIDAL SURGES IN BANGLADESH There w...
- CONSPIRACY THEORY Since the August 17 bombings w...
- TODAY'S PICKS * A sarcastic look at a lawsuit aga...
- THE EXPLOITATON "When I see a handcuffed youth pu...
- SEE NO EVIL HEAR NO EVIL I have recently worte ab...
- SOUTH ASIAN BLOG ROUNDUP This week's South Asian ...
- HEAD BURIED IN THE SAND While the home minister B...
- JAMES TO ROCK IN BOLLYWOOD "He is like the Hendrix...
- DUDE, YOU LOOK LIKE AL-QAEDA One NY firefighter g...
- UNDERSTANDING YOUR NEIGHBOR Jairam Ramesh, member...
- THIS COMPENSATION VS. THAT COMPENSATION Deshi gir...
- THIS POOR VS. THAT POOR Excerpts from a letter to...
- LUNACY AT ITS BEST This guy is totally messed up....
- WHITE BAND DAY II The global call to action again...
- IRISH FRIENDSHIP WISH May there always be work f...
- HOW EXTREMISM CAME TO BANGLADESH David Montero of...
- TODAY'S PICKS ON BANGLADESH * Unicef praises Bang...
- THE SHAME OF THE CIVIL SOCIETY IS THE POWER "Soone...
- DJUICE- CHAINED SUBCULTURE "Culture is the name fo...
- BANGLADESHI BLOG SHOWCASE From Mac's blog (Bangla...
- BANGLADESH EXTENDS HER HELPING HAND Bangladesh is...
- SOUTH ASIAN BLOG ROUNDUP My South Asian Blog Roun...
- KATRINA & BANGLADESH Rising water has killed hundr...
- ▼ September (27)
- ► 2004 (329)