The hottest meme in blogsphere is the weblog awards. Now Asia has its first ever weblog awards hosted in the flyingchair blog. The categories will be added until Wednesday, 10 December and voting upto December 28th.
I am immensely surprised that no Bangladesh, Iran, Iraq or Pakistan categories or nominations are there. I have already written a mail seeking Bangladesh, Iran, Iraq & Pakistan Categories and a few nominations as well. Lets hope they add these categories. Those who feel that proper representation of Asian blogs are not happening then they can mail their complaints to Phil Ingram at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Phil has replied my mail. He has added Bangladesh and Pakistan categories. But the catch is the bloggers have to add their sites themselves- He (or even me) can't add the sites, because we have already done for one. He also explains:
As regards Iran and Iraq, that is technically the Asian continent but a little out of the scope for me - South Asia is fine but this originally started off as SE and East Asia. If I go any further I will end up including German and I have to stop at some point. Also remember, I did not want loads of empty categories with no sites nominated.
So what are you waiting for? Add your sites, vote for yourself and others and lets have some fun.
- Awami League
- Breaking News
- citizen journalism
- Global Voices
- Global Warming
- Guest Post
- Human Rights
- international relations
- Khaleda Zia
- Liberation war
- Natural Disaster
- New Media
- Press freedom
- Sheikh Hasina
- Social media
- web 2.0
- world cup
My other selves:
From My Flickr
- ► 2013 (29)
- ► 2012 (61)
- ► 2011 (105)
- ► 2010 (168)
- ► 2009 (212)
- ► 2008 (379)
- ► 2007 (470)
- ► 2006 (401)
- ► 2005 (373)
- ► 2004 (329)
- HELP IRAN QUAKE VICTIMS Little drops of water c...
- BLOG ROUNDUP # Worldchanging blog posts links a...
- BANGLADESH EXTENDS HER HELPING HAND TO IRAN FOR QU...
- DEATH OF BANGLADESHI PEACEKEEPERS When the Thur...
- ON THE LIGHTER SIDE
- IRANI DANCER DETAINED Iran's best known female ...
- WE WANT ENLIGHTENED PEOPLE
- UPDATE ON IRAN QUAKE Sunnetwork says Iranian of...
- CONTACT LOST BBC reports: The Mars Odyssey spac...
- QUOTE OF THE DAY
- X-MAS IN BANGLADESH
- Bollywood movies online via kazaa! Worldchangin...
- FEAR & RESPECT
- RAKTAKARABI: REVOLUTION OF PERSONAL SPIRIT AGAINST...
- The Many Ways of Being Modern Michael Elliott, ...
- TIME PERSON OF THE YEAR 2003 This year the ...
- CAN BUSH BE BEAT? Take part in the MSNBC poll a...
- GIFT CHOICES - FOR EFFECTIVE USE OF YOUR MONEY ...
- BOMB JAMMER The assassination attempt on Pakist...
- VICTORY DAY: 16th of December
- QUOTES OF THE DAY
- The Concert for Bangladesh
- The history of Independence of Bangladesh
- In remembrance: December 14, 1971
- SADDAM CAPTURED ALIVE Now it is confirmed that th...
- CONFOUNDING CONSUMPTION Laura is critic about e...
- MUGABE MUSINGS Robert Mugabe, the Zimbabwe's P...
- QUOTE OF THE DAY
- MONEY MATTERS IN AN UNEQUAL WORLD
- QUOTE OF THE DAY Man is a tool-using animal. ...
- SOME USEFUL TOOLS
- ROAD FROM EAST PAKISTAN TO BANGLADESH
- TACKLING AIDS THREAT
- TERROR ALERT PROVEN A HOAX
- ASIA WEBLOG AWARDS 2003
- WHAT'S HOT IN BLOGOSPHERE Carnival of the vanit...
- TEST YOUR DIGITAL IQ I scored 122.
- Might vs. Right We often quote the phrase "Migh...
- THE NEW HOTMAIL MSN's HOTMAIL (originally SABBI...
- SAFE CROSS BORDER TRADING The abbreviation of S...
- TOP TEN INTERNET FADS According to an article i...
- MICHAEL JACKSON'S TRUE FACE Some say that Micha...
- ▼ December (42)