The assassination attempt on Pakistan president Mr. Pervez Musharraf was foiled because of an electronic gadget (reports The Globe & Mail).
General Musharraf's motorcade was equipped with a bomb jammer, a device that is becoming increasingly common in the arsenal of gadgets used to protect VIPs around the world from a new generation of attacks.
The device blocked signals within a 200-meter radius around the President's limousine last Sunday as he traveled over a bridge rigged with five bombs meant to kill him. Only after the buffer passed the bridge was the bomber able to detonate the charges.
Most car bombs now are mostly remote-controlled bombs. What bomb jammers do is jam the particular frequency associated with that briefcase sized incendiary device.
Smart device I believe and every VIP would be able to get one. But what about the general people? I think killing the cause of suicide bombing is more beneficial for the mankind.
- Awami League
- Breaking News
- citizen journalism
- Global Voices
- Global Warming
- Guest Post
- Human Rights
- international relations
- Khaleda Zia
- Liberation war
- Natural Disaster
- New Media
- Press freedom
- Sheikh Hasina
- Social media
- web 2.0
- world cup
My other selves:
From My Flickr
- ► 2012 (61)
- ► 2011 (105)
- ► 2010 (168)
- ► 2009 (211)
- ► 2008 (379)
- ► 2007 (470)
- ► 2006 (401)
- ► 2005 (373)
- ► 2004 (329)
- HELP IRAN QUAKE VICTIMS Little drops of water c...
- BLOG ROUNDUP # Worldchanging blog posts links a...
- BANGLADESH EXTENDS HER HELPING HAND TO IRAN FOR QU...
- DEATH OF BANGLADESHI PEACEKEEPERS When the Thur...
- ON THE LIGHTER SIDE
- IRANI DANCER DETAINED Iran's best known female ...
- WE WANT ENLIGHTENED PEOPLE
- UPDATE ON IRAN QUAKE Sunnetwork says Iranian of...
- CONTACT LOST BBC reports: The Mars Odyssey spac...
- QUOTE OF THE DAY
- X-MAS IN BANGLADESH
- Bollywood movies online via kazaa! Worldchangin...
- FEAR & RESPECT
- RAKTAKARABI: REVOLUTION OF PERSONAL SPIRIT AGAINST...
- The Many Ways of Being Modern Michael Elliott, ...
- TIME PERSON OF THE YEAR 2003 This year the ...
- CAN BUSH BE BEAT? Take part in the MSNBC poll a...
- GIFT CHOICES - FOR EFFECTIVE USE OF YOUR MONEY ...
- BOMB JAMMER The assassination attempt on Pakist...
- VICTORY DAY: 16th of December
- QUOTES OF THE DAY
- The Concert for Bangladesh
- The history of Independence of Bangladesh
- In remembrance: December 14, 1971
- SADDAM CAPTURED ALIVE Now it is confirmed that th...
- CONFOUNDING CONSUMPTION Laura is critic about e...
- MUGABE MUSINGS Robert Mugabe, the Zimbabwe's P...
- QUOTE OF THE DAY
- MONEY MATTERS IN AN UNEQUAL WORLD
- QUOTE OF THE DAY Man is a tool-using animal. ...
- SOME USEFUL TOOLS
- ROAD FROM EAST PAKISTAN TO BANGLADESH
- TACKLING AIDS THREAT
- TERROR ALERT PROVEN A HOAX
- ASIA WEBLOG AWARDS 2003
- WHAT'S HOT IN BLOGOSPHERE Carnival of the vanit...
- TEST YOUR DIGITAL IQ I scored 122.
- Might vs. Right We often quote the phrase "Migh...
- THE NEW HOTMAIL MSN's HOTMAIL (originally SABBI...
- SAFE CROSS BORDER TRADING The abbreviation of S...
- TOP TEN INTERNET FADS According to an article i...
- MICHAEL JACKSON'S TRUE FACE Some say that Micha...
- ▼ December (42)