Might vs. Right
We often quote the phrase "Might is right". Towards understanding of the term "right" I came across an article of Max Stirner. He believes:
Right can be bestowed only by a spirit, be it the spirit of nature or that of the species, of mankind, the Spirit of God or that of His Holiness or His Highness, etc."
I do not demand any right, therefore I need not recognize any either. What I can get by force I get by force, and what I do not get by force I have no right to, nor do I give myself airs, or consolation, with my imprescriptible right. With absolute right, right itself passes away; the dominion of the "concept of right" is cancelled at the same time. For it is not to be forgotten that hitherto concepts, ideas, or principles ruled us, and that among these rulers the concept of right, or of justice, played one of the most important parts.
Entitled or unentitled -- that does not concern me, if I am only powerful, I am of myself empowered, and need no other empowering or entitling. Right -- is a wheel in the head, put there by a spook; power -- that am I myself, I am the powerful one and owner of power. Right is above me, is absolute, and exists in one higher, as whose grace it flows to me: right is a gift of grace from the judge; power and might exist only in me the powerful and mighty.
That gives one more reason to believe in the phrase "Might is right". And don't the world super powers think in this way?
Might vs. Right
- Awami League
- Breaking News
- citizen journalism
- Global Voices
- Global Warming
- Guest Post
- Human Rights
- international relations
- Khaleda Zia
- Liberation war
- Natural Disaster
- New Media
- Press freedom
- Sheikh Hasina
- Social media
- web 2.0
- world cup
My other selves:
From My Flickr
- ► 2013 (29)
- ► 2012 (61)
- ► 2011 (105)
- ► 2010 (168)
- ► 2009 (212)
- ► 2008 (379)
- ► 2007 (470)
- ► 2006 (401)
- ► 2005 (373)
- ► 2004 (329)
- HELP IRAN QUAKE VICTIMS Little drops of water c...
- BLOG ROUNDUP # Worldchanging blog posts links a...
- BANGLADESH EXTENDS HER HELPING HAND TO IRAN FOR QU...
- DEATH OF BANGLADESHI PEACEKEEPERS When the Thur...
- ON THE LIGHTER SIDE
- IRANI DANCER DETAINED Iran's best known female ...
- WE WANT ENLIGHTENED PEOPLE
- UPDATE ON IRAN QUAKE Sunnetwork says Iranian of...
- CONTACT LOST BBC reports: The Mars Odyssey spac...
- QUOTE OF THE DAY
- X-MAS IN BANGLADESH
- Bollywood movies online via kazaa! Worldchangin...
- FEAR & RESPECT
- RAKTAKARABI: REVOLUTION OF PERSONAL SPIRIT AGAINST...
- The Many Ways of Being Modern Michael Elliott, ...
- TIME PERSON OF THE YEAR 2003 This year the ...
- CAN BUSH BE BEAT? Take part in the MSNBC poll a...
- GIFT CHOICES - FOR EFFECTIVE USE OF YOUR MONEY ...
- BOMB JAMMER The assassination attempt on Pakist...
- VICTORY DAY: 16th of December
- QUOTES OF THE DAY
- The Concert for Bangladesh
- The history of Independence of Bangladesh
- In remembrance: December 14, 1971
- SADDAM CAPTURED ALIVE Now it is confirmed that th...
- CONFOUNDING CONSUMPTION Laura is critic about e...
- MUGABE MUSINGS Robert Mugabe, the Zimbabwe's P...
- QUOTE OF THE DAY
- MONEY MATTERS IN AN UNEQUAL WORLD
- QUOTE OF THE DAY Man is a tool-using animal. ...
- SOME USEFUL TOOLS
- ROAD FROM EAST PAKISTAN TO BANGLADESH
- TACKLING AIDS THREAT
- TERROR ALERT PROVEN A HOAX
- ASIA WEBLOG AWARDS 2003
- WHAT'S HOT IN BLOGOSPHERE Carnival of the vanit...
- TEST YOUR DIGITAL IQ I scored 122.
- Might vs. Right We often quote the phrase "Migh...
- THE NEW HOTMAIL MSN's HOTMAIL (originally SABBI...
- SAFE CROSS BORDER TRADING The abbreviation of S...
- TOP TEN INTERNET FADS According to an article i...
- MICHAEL JACKSON'S TRUE FACE Some say that Micha...
- ▼ December (42)