BIMAN GOES DOWN IN PROTEST
There were much apprehensions of all quarters on whether Biman should continue with its current fleet of F-28s. The pilots specially raised concerns that these are not safe enough to fly and only 139 out of 243 built are operational around the world. A couple of days ago another F-28 took a nose-dive into a ditch after skidding off the runway at Sylhet in a domestic flight. Luckily none of the 82 passengers on-board were seriously hurt. The drama continued when the state minister for civil aviation termed pilot error may be the cause of the accident. The Biman pilots went on a strike yesterday in protest of his remark and to take an assessment of all Biman aircrafts whether they are flight worthy. The minister then refuted the claim and said that he was misquoted and the strike was called off when he assured to take care of their demands. But the Biman schedules went haywire troubling many passengers.
To the best of my knowledge, Biman pilots are very efficient and it is to their credit Biman has a good safety record considering the outdated aircrafts they fly to and from domestic airports which do not have modern instrumental landing facilities. I hope that Biman will listen to this wake up call to replace outdated aircrafts.
BIMAN GOES DOWN IN PROTEST
- Awami League
- Breaking News
- citizen journalism
- Global Voices
- Global Warming
- Guest Post
- Human Rights
- international relations
- Khaleda Zia
- Liberation war
- Natural Disaster
- New Media
- Press freedom
- Sheikh Hasina
- Social media
- web 2.0
- world cup
My other selves:
From My Flickr
- ► 2013 (32)
- ► 2012 (61)
- ► 2011 (105)
- ► 2010 (168)
- ► 2009 (212)
- ► 2008 (379)
- ► 2007 (470)
- ► 2006 (401)
- ► 2005 (373)
- THE POWER POLITICS The prime minister of Bangla...
- IRAQ HOSTAGE SITUATION: TERRORISM HAS NO IDEAL ...
- BUSY BUSY BUSY Dear readers, if you are wonderi...
- WHEN CROSSFIRE CROSSES ALL LIMITS In Bangladesh...
- RIANNA UPDATE Hello everybody. I am a month old ...
- WE ARE THE CHAMPION I am writing the post with ...
- EKUSH OS, A BRAVE MICROSOFT WINDOWS CLONE VENTURE ...
- THE DOWNFALL OF BANGLADESHI CINEMA Nobody thoug...
- QUOTES OF THE DAY * We are never more disconte...
- INDIA –BANGLADESH RELATIONSHIP The India-Bangla...
- MORE JOBS NEEDED IN BANGLADESH Last year the co...
- BLOG QUOTES * "Never a dull moment. This is the...
- AROUND THE COUNTRY * You don't need ballz t...
- BIMAN GOES DOWN IN PROTEST There were muc...
- THE EVER ELUSIVE ELECTION PROMISES The four par...
- PRESS FREEDOM THREATENED BY OUTLAWS The killing...
- THE BATTLE OF THE BEGUMS CONTINUES The antagoni...
- QUALITY OF LIFE: CAN WE MEASURE EFFECTIVELY? Ye...
- ▼ October (18)