WE ARE THE CHAMPION
I am writing the post with much discomfort. According to the Transparency International's (TI) corruption perception index (CPI) published recently, Bangladesh has for the fourth time in a row topped the index of the most corrupt countries. In 2004 Bangladesh shares the top position with Haiti where corruption is rampant in more than 60 countries. But how can Bangladesh be equal to Haiti? Surely there must be something wrong somewhere. TI Bangladesh (TIB) Treasurer Prof. Muzaffer Ahmad tells that "labeling a country as the most corrupt is perhaps incorrect as it is a matter of interpretation." But lets call a spade a spade. If this goes on like this, Bangladesh can soon be like Nauru (not ranked by TI), where the Nauruan leaders have developed their country into almost extinction.
I know that the Bangladeshi government ministers and the ruling party will probably comment on this like before "What is this Transparency International?", "This is an Awami League ploy to disrupt stability of the country and to take down the government", "Corruption has decreased from the Awami League tenure."
Can't they just grow up and try to use the Corruption Fighters’ Tool Kit?
WE ARE THE CHAMPION
- Awami League
- Breaking News
- citizen journalism
- Global Voices
- Global Warming
- Guest Post
- Human Rights
- international relations
- Khaleda Zia
- Liberation war
- Natural Disaster
- New Media
- Press freedom
- Sheikh Hasina
- Social media
- web 2.0
- world cup
My other selves:
From My Flickr
- ► 2012 (61)
- ► 2011 (105)
- ► 2010 (168)
- ► 2009 (211)
- ► 2008 (379)
- ► 2007 (470)
- ► 2006 (401)
- ► 2005 (373)
- THE POWER POLITICS The prime minister of Bangla...
- IRAQ HOSTAGE SITUATION: TERRORISM HAS NO IDEAL ...
- BUSY BUSY BUSY Dear readers, if you are wonderi...
- WHEN CROSSFIRE CROSSES ALL LIMITS In Bangladesh...
- RIANNA UPDATE Hello everybody. I am a month old ...
- WE ARE THE CHAMPION I am writing the post with ...
- EKUSH OS, A BRAVE MICROSOFT WINDOWS CLONE VENTURE ...
- THE DOWNFALL OF BANGLADESHI CINEMA Nobody thoug...
- QUOTES OF THE DAY * We are never more disconte...
- INDIA –BANGLADESH RELATIONSHIP The India-Bangla...
- MORE JOBS NEEDED IN BANGLADESH Last year the co...
- BLOG QUOTES * "Never a dull moment. This is the...
- AROUND THE COUNTRY * You don't need ballz t...
- BIMAN GOES DOWN IN PROTEST There were muc...
- THE EVER ELUSIVE ELECTION PROMISES The four par...
- PRESS FREEDOM THREATENED BY OUTLAWS The killing...
- THE BATTLE OF THE BEGUMS CONTINUES The antagoni...
- QUALITY OF LIFE: CAN WE MEASURE EFFECTIVELY? Ye...
- ▼ October (18)