THE POWER POLITICS
The prime minister of Bangladesh, Begum Khaleda Zia recently told his party leaders that "all development activities would be stopped if the BNP could not return to power in the next election."
I wonder whether it is a statement or a threat. Below is a list of the recent developments of the government:
* Poor utilization of external assistance.
* Poor start of the ambitious Annual development program ('05)
* Failure to nab the criminals behind the August 21 grenade attacks against Sheikh Hasina. The Daily Star receives another Hasina death threat.
* The government is taking an unprecedented move to provide immunity to the World Bank for its activities in Bangladesh.
* The judges role have been so much biased in politically motivated cases that people are losing confidence in Judiciary System.
* While a famine (Monga) is taking a serious turn in the Northern region, the government is hosting expensive Iftar parties in the capital.
* The government failed to protect the minority Ahmedia Muslim Sect in the country.
So it is up to the people of Bangladesh to whether they want continuation of the above-mentioned development activities after the next election.
THE POWER POLITICS
- Awami League
- Breaking News
- citizen journalism
- Global Voices
- Global Warming
- Guest Post
- Human Rights
- international relations
- Khaleda Zia
- Liberation war
- Natural Disaster
- New Media
- Press freedom
- Sheikh Hasina
- Social media
- web 2.0
- world cup
My other selves:
From My Flickr
- ► 2012 (61)
- ► 2011 (105)
- ► 2010 (168)
- ► 2009 (211)
- ► 2008 (379)
- ► 2007 (470)
- ► 2006 (401)
- ► 2005 (373)
- THE POWER POLITICS The prime minister of Bangla...
- IRAQ HOSTAGE SITUATION: TERRORISM HAS NO IDEAL ...
- BUSY BUSY BUSY Dear readers, if you are wonderi...
- WHEN CROSSFIRE CROSSES ALL LIMITS In Bangladesh...
- RIANNA UPDATE Hello everybody. I am a month old ...
- WE ARE THE CHAMPION I am writing the post with ...
- EKUSH OS, A BRAVE MICROSOFT WINDOWS CLONE VENTURE ...
- THE DOWNFALL OF BANGLADESHI CINEMA Nobody thoug...
- QUOTES OF THE DAY * We are never more disconte...
- INDIA –BANGLADESH RELATIONSHIP The India-Bangla...
- MORE JOBS NEEDED IN BANGLADESH Last year the co...
- BLOG QUOTES * "Never a dull moment. This is the...
- AROUND THE COUNTRY * You don't need ballz t...
- BIMAN GOES DOWN IN PROTEST There were muc...
- THE EVER ELUSIVE ELECTION PROMISES The four par...
- PRESS FREEDOM THREATENED BY OUTLAWS The killing...
- THE BATTLE OF THE BEGUMS CONTINUES The antagoni...
- QUALITY OF LIFE: CAN WE MEASURE EFFECTIVELY? Ye...
- ▼ October (18)