DHAKA - ODE TO ALUMINIUM
Rockstar, blogger & poet Mac writes a hilarious poem slating Bangladesh capital Dhaka's ugly pretty ‘beautification’ which was done prior to the postponed SAARC summit. Some excerpts:
Come 2005, Dhaka was again ‘beautified’ for yet another SAARC reunion…. and this time around there are more bathroom tiles and aluminium
and as if ‘uff’ is not enough
they also had aluminium flower tubs.
aluminium dividers, aluminium rails, aluminium signage
aluminium planetariums, aluminium auditoriums,
aluminium gates, aluminium,
aluminium , aluminium…
the chicest thing if you wanna remember Dhaka by or BUY
is well ALUMINIUM –
The unlucky 13th SAARC is due in Dhaka end of 2005 – Hail to ALUMINIUM
…………..and if it fails once again as it very well may, a louder hail to ALUMINIUM….
And a nice quote in the end:
"When you look at a city, it's like reading the hopes, aspirations and pride of everyone who built it." - Hugh Newell Jacobsen
Read it all.
Tags: Bangladesh, Dhaka,
DHAKA - ODE TO ALUMINIUM
- Awami League
- Breaking News
- citizen journalism
- Global Voices
- Global Warming
- Guest Post
- Human Rights
- international relations
- Khaleda Zia
- Liberation war
- Natural Disaster
- New Media
- Press freedom
- Sheikh Hasina
- Social media
- web 2.0
- world cup
My other selves:
From My Flickr
- ► 2013 (29)
- ► 2012 (61)
- ► 2011 (105)
- ► 2010 (168)
- ► 2009 (212)
- ► 2008 (379)
- ► 2007 (470)
- ► 2006 (401)
- TODAY'S LINKS * The avatar versus the journalist:...
- THE BATTLE OF IDEOLOGIES Fareed Zakaria pinpoints...
- ON ROOTS OF TERRORISM In an article published in ...
- ON RELIGION AND TOLERANCE On BBC World's Hard Tal...
- TO FEAR OR NOT TO FEAR "Too many of us are not liv...
- MUMBAI FLOOD Dhaka experienced heavy rains (156mm...
- MORE TASLIMA This news has been gathered from Tas...
- TODAY'S OTHER LINKS * Arundhati Roy's opening spe...
- SOUTH ASIAN BLOG ROUNDUP Here is today's round up...
- UNITE AGAINST TERROR The devils in many disguises...
- INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY The news is coming t...
- EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS OF BANGLADESH VIA FLICKR Green...
- MY VOICE ADDED TO GLOBAL VOICES I have been award...
- ISLAMOPHOBIA - MYTH OR REALITY Kenan Malik writes...
- DHAKA - ODE TO ALUMINIUM Rockstar, blogger & poet...
- NOT IN THE NAME OF ISLAM "..Whoever kills an inn...
- BLOGDATE....FROM THE ARCHIVES Do all virtual rela...
- TODAY'S LINKS * Dhaka Stock Exchange (DSE) has a ...
- STATE AND RELIGION Bahraini blogger Mahmood repor...
- A TEST OF INTELLECT Answering the question "how U...
- KABOOM! HERE IS YOUR BUDGET HARRY POTTER Anna of ...
- DESIGN UPDATE I have installed my own tagcloud pl...
- AN ARTICLE ABOUT BLOGS IN THE DAILY STAR The Dail...
- KOLKATA, SAFE HEAVEN FOR BANGLADESHI TERRORISTS ...
- CHAOS IN IRAQ It does not get worse than this. So...
- POWER OF THE HEARTS Atiqur Rahman, nicknamed Hrid...
- TAGGING ISLAM TO TERRORISMCharukesi writes about a...
- MAKING OF A SUICIDE BOMBER The truth is coming ou...
- TODAY'S LINKS * We are 'not afraid' of what happe...
- WISDOM Sadiq is one notable Bangladeshi blogger w...
- MY FIRST POST IN ASIAPUNDIT Go check out my first...
- NOT WELCOME ANYTIME SOON In 2000, Bangladesh host...
- IGNORANT PAKISTANIS Tasnuva writes about an ignor...
- WHOSE PROBLEM IS IT? After the 7/7 incident the b...
- TODAY'S OTHER LINKS * Birth control for tigers. ...
- GOOD NEWS FROM BANGLADESH * Bangladesh launches i...
- WHERE HAVE SANITY GONE? This weekend was amongst ...
- TODAY'S LINKS * Asian highway will link 32 nation...
- I AM FEATURED IN THE ASIA! MAGAZINE May Yip, a Si...
- QUOTES OF THE DAY "Who, being loved, is poor?" ...
- THE LONG WALK TO JUSTICE Be a part of it. Sign th...
- LIVE 8 CONCERTS AROUND THE GLOBE If you ask what ...
- KISSINGER HAS BLOOD ON HIS HANDS Ennis of Sepia m...
- TODAY'S LINKS * The reigning African predators. ...
- ▼ July (44)
- ► 2004 (329)