Echo

 

Posted by Rezwan

QUOTE OF THE DAY

"They want to destroy hope, therefore I shall preserve it by any possible means.

They want to kill trust. Thus I will reach out to others, Africans, Asians, Arabs, Americans and Jews alike.

They want to imprison people in labels and stereotypes. I will strive to maintain a dialogue, always focusing on the individuals rather than the symbol.

They want to kill joy in me, thus I will laugh again.

They want to paralyze me, therefore I will take action. They want to silence me--therefore I will speak out."



- Mariane Pearl, wife of Danniel Pearl, the Wall Street Journal reporter kidnapped and killed by extremists in Karachi, Pakistan, in 2002

This entry was posted on December 01, 2005 at Thursday, December 01, 2005 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment