February 22, 2006

RELOCATION PART III: WHY GERMANY?

Those who know me better know about my living in Germany (then West) in my teens. My father was a journalist of the state radio and worked in Deutsche Welle Bengali service for a couple of years during the mid eighties. I went to a German school for about a year and was exposed to the Western values and lifestyles and continued to keep in touch with Germany via the Goethe Institut, Dhaka after coming back to Bangladesh. My friends often mocked about my learning German year after year but never trying to go back to Germany for higher education. At a point of time my quest ended and I had no connection with Germany.

After all those years when S came with two options of her posting and said that the most important thing to her is that she doesn’t want my career to end. Because I know German language I should be able to get a decent job or continue higher study. So the mutual choice was Germany.

Related:
RELOCATION PART I: THE NEWS
RELOCATION PART II: THE BACKGROUND
<<<<<<<<<< >>>>>>>>>>
RELOCATION PART IV: THE SACRIFICE
RELOCATION PART V: THE CHALLENGE

0 comments:

Post a Comment