UPDATE ON DHAKA BLOGGERS MEET
I am delighted to let you know that Maqsood Bhai has generously offered his residence in Niketon, Gulshan to host the first ever Dhaka bloggers meet on the 4th of February, Saturday. What could be a better place? Most of you know Maqsood Bhai as the rock legend of Bangladesh (Feedback,Dhaka bands). As a person he is a wonderful companion and a great motivator. Don't miss the chance to meet the legend (also a blogger) in person. He also suggested arranging some music (if time permits).
I think we can the start the Adda a little early. We hope to start the event
by 4:30 PM. Please mail me at i_rezwan(at)hotmail.com to get the address and location of Maqsood Bhai's house. We are exploring the possibility of inviting the expat Bangladeshi bloggers to a MSN chat during the meet. Will keep you posted on this.
So far these bloggers have confirmed:
* Naser - Observing ambience
* Wamy - Moodlogic
* Nazzina - Framedland.com Photoblog
* Arild & Hasin - Somewhereinblog.net
* Shafi - Rajputro
* Ishtiaque - Notes From Dystopia
* Asif - Imtiaz's WeBlog
And the hosts me, Maqsood Bhai, Rifat and Subhan.
Kindly inform other bloggers you know and lets try to get a bigger crowd.
I have created a group mailing list of the Bangladeshi Bloggers in Google
Here are the essentials:
* Group name: Bangladeshi Bloggers
* Group home page: http://groups.google.com/group/Bangladeshi-Bloggers
* Group email address: Bangladeshi-Bloggers@googlegroups.com
I have added the current mailing list to this group, which will be updated within 24-48 hours. Those who are left out please send me your emails.
UPDATE ON DHAKA BLOGGERS MEET
- Awami League
- Breaking News
- citizen journalism
- Global Voices
- Global Warming
- Guest Post
- Human Rights
- international relations
- Khaleda Zia
- Liberation war
- Natural Disaster
- New Media
- Press freedom
- Sheikh Hasina
- Social media
- web 2.0
- world cup
My other selves:
From My Flickr
- ► 2012 (61)
- ► 2011 (105)
- ► 2010 (168)
- ► 2009 (211)
- ► 2008 (379)
- ► 2007 (470)
- QUOTE OF THE DAY "Journeys, like artists, are bo...
- WHATS HAPPENING IN BANGLADESH? If you live in Dha...
- POWER CRISIS A severe power crisis has hit the Dh...
- SWEET VICTORY I was following the Bangladesh-Sri ...
- TODAY'S LINKS * Ekushe February- International Mo...
- RELOCATION PART I: THE NEWS I guess those who fol...
- RELOCATION PART II: THE BACKGROUND I myself have ...
- RELOCATION PART III: WHY GERMANY? Those who know ...
- RELOCATION PART IV: THE SACRIFICE Staying togeth...
- RELOCATION PART V: THE CHALLENGE In my 11 years o...
- QUOTE OF THE DAY "To classify Bangladeshis, for ...
- TODAY'S LINKS * Cry for me, Bangladesh. * Maa is...
- THE CARTOON ROW Thank you Mr. Roberto Calderoli, ...
- TOXIC LINER BAN Its commendable that Bangladesh G...
- PONTING'S QUERY Just prior to the Australia crick...
- DIFFERENCE OF CULTURES A quote from Mezba's blog:...
- THE FOOD MEME Sukanya has tagged me for a food me...
- WHERE DID MY SPRING GO? This year spring came unn...
- FROM DEMOCRACY TOWARDS DESPOTISM Tasneem Khalil, ...
- PROTEST ON FRIDAYS Have you ever wondered why the...
- CORRUPTION OF THE MIND In this sinful world we ha...
- THE BRITISH CONNECTION Last September David Monte...
- TODAY'S LINKS * Suffering Bangladeshi workers fee...
- BLOGOSPHERE GROWTH David Sifry has updated the la...
- RESPECT AND TOLERANCE
- BANGLADESH BLOG BUZZ (Cross-posted in the Global V...
- CELEBRATING BANGLADESH The Daily Star has publish...
- THE FIRST DHAKA BLOGGERS MEET The first Dhaka blo...
- ROCKING JIHAD This is really disturbing. Probe Ne...
- TODAY'S LINKS * Do you want to be a prostitute? ...
- UPDATE ON DHAKA BLOGGERS MEET I am delighted to l...
- ▼ February (31)
- ► 2005 (373)
- ► 2004 (329)