February 22, 2006

RELOCATION PART V: THE CHALLENGE

In my 11 years of working experience I have secured a good position with an upward curve in career graph. But somewhere I always felt that this career line does not suit me. I have all kinds of creative hobbies but at work I could not find much creativity in all these business plans, budget graphs, presentations, compliance, deadlines etc. Suddenly you find yourself molded in a corporate structure with little explanations of why you are doing certain exercises.

So on the basis of this apprehension I have taken the challenge to become jobless after 11 years. The government is paying for my ticket to Germany but won’t pay my own expenses there. As a spouse of a diplomat I will also be getting all the diplomatic privileges like immunities, health care etc. But it comes bundled with very limited options of working. Like I won’t be able to do any odd job or anything, which clashes with the interest of my wife’s job there. I am learning about all of these bit by bit and hoping that I will be able to find something but I can’t seem to put the cloud of frustration out of my sight. Money and fame were never my top priorities. But I have never dreamt of doing nothing day after day!

Lots of things are on the cards, like working from home, looking for a stint in the Deutsche Welle, trying for a job in an UN organization and if nothing works, go for a higher education. Does anybody want to hire a blogger in Berlin?? I guess not.

Looks like I will have to keep my fingers crossed.

Related:
RELOCATION PART I: THE NEWS
RELOCATION PART II: THE BACKGROUND
RELOCATION PART III: WHY GERMANY
RELOCATION PART IV: THE SACRIFICE

0 comments:

Post a Comment