ANOTHER ELECTION PROMISE?
Rumi of Drishtipat wrote recently:
"After 15th August 1975, we lost one of the greatest assets of our natonal idenitity, i.e. our constitutional declaration of secularism.
30 years have passed since then.It seems like slowly we are getting used to our non-secular constitution. Nobody talks about it anymore. Dream of a secular Bangladesh is no longer promised in our political party meetings. It’s no longer a prominant election highlight. In last 30 years, as far as I can recall, no party has ever submitted a bill in our parliament in an attempt to bring secularism back in Bangladesh."
This news is looking like a beckoning light:
Leaders of the main opposition Awami League have promised that if voted to power in the next parliamentary elections, they would restore "secularism" as one of the four basic tenets of Bangladesh’s constitution.
However other leading news sources are yet to confirm this. Hope this is not another improbable election stunt as they did not try it in their last tenure in the late nineties.
ANOTHER ELECTION PROMISE?
- Awami League
- Breaking News
- citizen journalism
- Global Voices
- Global Warming
- Guest Post
- Human Rights
- international relations
- Khaleda Zia
- Liberation war
- Natural Disaster
- New Media
- Press freedom
- Sheikh Hasina
- Social media
- web 2.0
- world cup
My other selves:
From My Flickr
- ► 2012 (61)
- ► 2011 (105)
- ► 2010 (168)
- ► 2009 (211)
- ► 2008 (379)
- ► 2007 (470)
- CHANCES OF JAMAAT-E-ISLAMI BANGLADESH IN THE COMIN...
- PHOTO OF THE DAY Fernseh Turm - Berlin TV tower
- CAPITAL PUNISHMENT FOR RELIGIOUS MADNESS At last ...
- BANGLADESHI BLOGS - another update
- SEARCHING FOR FATWAS I was really surprised by th...
- FREEDOM OF SPEECH UPDATE Pickled Politics reports...
- THE GARMENTS INDUSTRY RIOTS IN BANGLADESH The rea...
- TODAY'S LINKS * And they now gear up narcotic jih...
- WAR AGAINST TERROR IN TAMPA, USA They just wanted...
- BRAND BLUES Branding Bangladesh in a new way:- DK...
- <!--begin bat blogroll-->Bloggers Against TortureJ...
- TODAY'S LINKS * American soldiers who shoot 3-yea...
- ANOTHER ELECTION PROMISE? Rumi of Drishtipat wrot...
- NAVIGATION SYSTEM IN BANGLADESH I really don't k...
- UNUSUAL RETREAT Ever thought of getting an opport...
- SHAHIDUL UP CLOSE Shahidul Alam is a pioneer in p...
- TODAY'S LINKS * Match schedule (fixture) for the ...
- CENSORING THE DA VINCI CODE The movie is schedule...
- BLAME IT ON THE BULLY Its true that Biman do not ...
- BANGLADESH BLOG BUZZ: Crossposted in the Global V...
- TODAY'S LINKS * What do you do when someone steal...
- BANGLA WIKIPEDIA I got an email from Ragib Hasan,...
- OF WHAT RELIGION ARE YOU? Are you a Muslim, Buddh...
- TODAY'S LINKS * Bangladesh: Colour and chaos unsp...
- SECURE YOUR RIGHT TO VOTE The Change Bangladesh b...
- BLACK MONEY Ways to make your black money white i...
- LETTER DIPLOMACY Between Bush and Ahmadinejad—two...
- GERMAN CITIZENSHIP After much controversy, German...
- TODAY'S LINKS * The Committee to Protect Bloggers...
- LESSONS NEEDED FOR THE EC A Database can be edite...
- BRING THE ARMY In Bangladesh, the army is called ...
- FREE ALAA I am really shocked! Alaa Ahmed Seif a...
- ON RACISM Got an email which claims that the foll...
- UNVEILING SAUDI ARABIA This is good news. Saudi A...
- ▼ May (34)
- ► 2005 (373)
- ► 2004 (329)