CENSORING THE DA VINCI CODE
The movie is scheduled to be released in Germany tomorrow. I am eagerly waiting to watch 'The Da Vinci Code' just to see how thrilling the movie is comparing to the book. My experience tells that sometimes books are more exciting than the movie or vice-versa. For an example, the Harry Potter movies create far less excitement than what reading from the original books generate.
I am reading interesting news from various blogs about the movie. One Sri Lankan blog says that the movie will be censored in some Asian Countries. The Indian Government has already put screening of 'The Da Vinci Code' on hold.
"Over 200 Catholic organisations are reported to have submitted a petition against the movie's screening in India to I&B Minister Priyaranjan Dasmunshi. An I&B Ministry official has said that Dasmunshi would seek the opinion of the concerned organisations before allowing the movie to be released in India."
There is even a fatwa against the author. An Indian Catholic has offered a Rs. 11 Lakh bounty for Da Vinci Code author Dan Brown, “Dead or Alive”.
The Indian bloggers are not happy about it. Nitin thinks that competitive intolerance is turning India into a laughing stock.
On the Bangladesh front, the issue of censoring the movie does not come now as no blockbusters get released within 6 months to one year of release in theatres. But in reality you can watch all of them via bootleg DVDs even before their release. Its interesting to see how the Bangladeshi Government reacts to it. In India, the book is widely available. So I am really curious about the effectiveness of the ban. It seems as merely a political stunt.
CENSORING THE DA VINCI CODE
- Awami League
- Breaking News
- citizen journalism
- Global Voices
- Global Warming
- Guest Post
- Human Rights
- international relations
- Khaleda Zia
- Liberation war
- Natural Disaster
- New Media
- Press freedom
- Sheikh Hasina
- Social media
- web 2.0
- world cup
My other selves:
From My Flickr
- ► 2013 (29)
- ► 2012 (61)
- ► 2011 (105)
- ► 2010 (168)
- ► 2009 (212)
- ► 2008 (379)
- ► 2007 (470)
- CHANCES OF JAMAAT-E-ISLAMI BANGLADESH IN THE COMIN...
- PHOTO OF THE DAY Fernseh Turm - Berlin TV tower
- CAPITAL PUNISHMENT FOR RELIGIOUS MADNESS At last ...
- BANGLADESHI BLOGS - another update
- SEARCHING FOR FATWAS I was really surprised by th...
- FREEDOM OF SPEECH UPDATE Pickled Politics reports...
- THE GARMENTS INDUSTRY RIOTS IN BANGLADESH The rea...
- TODAY'S LINKS * And they now gear up narcotic jih...
- WAR AGAINST TERROR IN TAMPA, USA They just wanted...
- BRAND BLUES Branding Bangladesh in a new way:- DK...
- <!--begin bat blogroll-->Bloggers Against TortureJ...
- TODAY'S LINKS * American soldiers who shoot 3-yea...
- ANOTHER ELECTION PROMISE? Rumi of Drishtipat wrot...
- NAVIGATION SYSTEM IN BANGLADESH I really don't k...
- UNUSUAL RETREAT Ever thought of getting an opport...
- SHAHIDUL UP CLOSE Shahidul Alam is a pioneer in p...
- TODAY'S LINKS * Match schedule (fixture) for the ...
- CENSORING THE DA VINCI CODE The movie is schedule...
- BLAME IT ON THE BULLY Its true that Biman do not ...
- BANGLADESH BLOG BUZZ: Crossposted in the Global V...
- TODAY'S LINKS * What do you do when someone steal...
- BANGLA WIKIPEDIA I got an email from Ragib Hasan,...
- OF WHAT RELIGION ARE YOU? Are you a Muslim, Buddh...
- TODAY'S LINKS * Bangladesh: Colour and chaos unsp...
- SECURE YOUR RIGHT TO VOTE The Change Bangladesh b...
- BLACK MONEY Ways to make your black money white i...
- LETTER DIPLOMACY Between Bush and Ahmadinejad—two...
- GERMAN CITIZENSHIP After much controversy, German...
- TODAY'S LINKS * The Committee to Protect Bloggers...
- LESSONS NEEDED FOR THE EC A Database can be edite...
- BRING THE ARMY In Bangladesh, the army is called ...
- FREE ALAA I am really shocked! Alaa Ahmed Seif a...
- ON RACISM Got an email which claims that the foll...
- UNVEILING SAUDI ARABIA This is good news. Saudi A...
- ▼ May (34)
- ► 2005 (373)
- ► 2004 (329)