CAPITAL PUNISHMENT FOR RELIGIOUS MADNESS
At last the verdict of the first trial of killing of two judges by the Islamic fundamentalist organization Jama'atul Mujahideen Bangladesh (JMB). The Daily Star reports:
A Barisal court yesterday sentenced to death Jama'atul Mujahideen Bangladesh (JMB) chief Abdur Rahman, his second-in-command Siddiqul Islam alias Bangla Bhai and five other militants and acquitted one in the sensational Jhalakathi judges' killing case.
The reason for the killing was stated in a leaflet in the crime scene:
"We don't want Taguti [non-Islamic] law, let Qur'anic law be introduced. Law framed by humans cannot continue and only the laws of Allah will prevail."
You can get an idea of the sanity of these people:
When the judge said the convicts will get copy of the verdict if they want to appeal, the JMB chief said, "The government had engaged us to invite the ulema community for establishing Islamic laws. But now it punished us under worldly laws. What is the punishment this government deserves?"
At the top of his voice, Rahman told the judge, "Although we asked the government for holding our trial by an Islamic jury board, it did not pay any heed. Out trial has been conducted hastily by a Taguti court. Why the government is hurrying and why it is afraid?"
Well the government had suffered much not taking prompt action against these goons and they went too far. Another conspiracy theory? Actually these people cash on terror and doubts. Is not it the same with the global religious militants? An eerie madness has infected people of many conflict regions.
Ironically these people were sentenced to death according to a law of a sovereign democratic state with Muslim majority to prove that the militant madness cannot continue. More trials are coming and we will see how many times these people are proven guilty and wrong. Let this judgement be a milestone in the fight against the growing religious extremism around the world.
And suddenly in this case I am not against capital punishment. Because, this madness has to end somewhere. The civic societies must uproot the anomaly.
CAPITAL PUNISHMENT FOR RELIGIOUS MADNESS
- Awami League
- Breaking News
- citizen journalism
- Global Voices
- Global Warming
- Guest Post
- Human Rights
- international relations
- Khaleda Zia
- Liberation war
- Natural Disaster
- New Media
- Press freedom
- Sheikh Hasina
- Social media
- web 2.0
- world cup
My other selves:
From My Flickr
- ► 2013 (32)
- ► 2012 (61)
- ► 2011 (105)
- ► 2010 (168)
- ► 2009 (212)
- ► 2008 (379)
- ► 2007 (470)
- CHANCES OF JAMAAT-E-ISLAMI BANGLADESH IN THE COMIN...
- PHOTO OF THE DAY Fernseh Turm - Berlin TV tower
- CAPITAL PUNISHMENT FOR RELIGIOUS MADNESS At last ...
- BANGLADESHI BLOGS - another update
- SEARCHING FOR FATWAS I was really surprised by th...
- FREEDOM OF SPEECH UPDATE Pickled Politics reports...
- THE GARMENTS INDUSTRY RIOTS IN BANGLADESH The rea...
- TODAY'S LINKS * And they now gear up narcotic jih...
- WAR AGAINST TERROR IN TAMPA, USA They just wanted...
- BRAND BLUES Branding Bangladesh in a new way:- DK...
- <!--begin bat blogroll-->Bloggers Against TortureJ...
- TODAY'S LINKS * American soldiers who shoot 3-yea...
- ANOTHER ELECTION PROMISE? Rumi of Drishtipat wrot...
- NAVIGATION SYSTEM IN BANGLADESH I really don't k...
- UNUSUAL RETREAT Ever thought of getting an opport...
- SHAHIDUL UP CLOSE Shahidul Alam is a pioneer in p...
- TODAY'S LINKS * Match schedule (fixture) for the ...
- CENSORING THE DA VINCI CODE The movie is schedule...
- BLAME IT ON THE BULLY Its true that Biman do not ...
- BANGLADESH BLOG BUZZ: Crossposted in the Global V...
- TODAY'S LINKS * What do you do when someone steal...
- BANGLA WIKIPEDIA I got an email from Ragib Hasan,...
- OF WHAT RELIGION ARE YOU? Are you a Muslim, Buddh...
- TODAY'S LINKS * Bangladesh: Colour and chaos unsp...
- SECURE YOUR RIGHT TO VOTE The Change Bangladesh b...
- BLACK MONEY Ways to make your black money white i...
- LETTER DIPLOMACY Between Bush and Ahmadinejad—two...
- GERMAN CITIZENSHIP After much controversy, German...
- TODAY'S LINKS * The Committee to Protect Bloggers...
- LESSONS NEEDED FOR THE EC A Database can be edite...
- BRING THE ARMY In Bangladesh, the army is called ...
- FREE ALAA I am really shocked! Alaa Ahmed Seif a...
- ON RACISM Got an email which claims that the foll...
- UNVEILING SAUDI ARABIA This is good news. Saudi A...
- ▼ May (34)
- ► 2005 (373)
- ► 2004 (329)