BANGLADESH BLOG BUZZ:
Crossposted in the Global Voices Online)
The latest happenings in Bangladeshi blogs around the world:
* Politics: Addabaz criticizes the stand-off between the government and the opposition regarding electoral reform. He notes that people of Bangladesh are suffering and getting tired of this unfortunate political crisis.
Salam Dhaka lists top ten things are usually done by an MP in Bangladesh.
Dr. Rumi of Dristipat is critic about dynasty leadership in Bangladesh. His article has generated an interesting discussion on the subject in the comments sections. Change Bangladesh Project has started a blog to create awareness among voters to choose the appropriate leader in the coming election.
* Living: Tasneem Khalil links to the Daily Star’s feature ‘The Roots of the Fairness Fetish’, which goes deep into the complex of fairness among the Bangladeshis.
* Creativity: Kazi Rubaiat Imam links to the news that Leepu, a Bangladeshi can build cars replicating any top notch brand car design. Recently Discovery channel has made a documentary on Leepu’s work.<
* Religion: While trying to answer of what religion he is, Sadiq exerts that all the religion speak the same. We only need to open our heart to receive the Divine Wisdom that is inside all the message of all time.
* Podcast: Joe at Bongo Vongo posts reading of English translation of another short story of Rabindranath Tagore as podcast: - ‘Once there was a king’.
* Culture: Asid Saleh of Dristipat informs about a Baishakhi Mela (Bangla New Years Fair) in London with useful links. Pictures and report (in Bangla) are posted by Sohail Motahar Chowdhury in his Bangla blog.
* Reading: Siddhartha of ‘Serious Golmal’ discusses the book ‘Art of the Skyscraper: The Genius of Fazlur Rahman Khan’ by Mir Ali. Fazlur Rahman Khan, the famous Bangladeshi is the architect of the Sears Tower and the cruelly beautiful John Hancock Center.
* Tribute: The Bengali Fob posts a wonderful tribute to all the mothers on the occasion of the mothers day.
* Travel: Electricblues has taken a personal initiative to visit the countryside, see the green fields and breathe the clean air and document it all in his cell phone. The result is looking good:- some nice pictures of Bangladesh.
Shafiur provides a link to the Guardian Travel Site featuring Dhaka city and urges all to contribute there.
* Human rights: Safia is vocal for fair trade in the fashion industries in Bangladesh.
* Communication: Razib Ahmed of the South Asia Biz discusses the cellular growth in
* Bangla blogging: The Bangla blogging platform “Bandh Bhanger Awaz” is growing rapidly. Each day many new bloggers are registering and hundreds of posts are being put up. Some bloggers are posting so frequently that others are accusing them with flooding. But the good thing is that the blog has achieved increased interactivity with participation of many readers resulting almost a hundred comments in some posts.
The first million hits took 3 months and looks like the 2nd million will be reached much sooner than that.
BANGLADESH BLOG BUZZ:
- Awami League
- Breaking News
- citizen journalism
- Global Voices
- Global Warming
- Guest Post
- Human Rights
- international relations
- Khaleda Zia
- Liberation war
- Natural Disaster
- New Media
- Press freedom
- Sheikh Hasina
- Social media
- web 2.0
- world cup
My other selves:
From My Flickr
- ► 2013 (29)
- ► 2012 (61)
- ► 2011 (105)
- ► 2010 (168)
- ► 2009 (212)
- ► 2008 (379)
- ► 2007 (470)
- CHANCES OF JAMAAT-E-ISLAMI BANGLADESH IN THE COMIN...
- PHOTO OF THE DAY Fernseh Turm - Berlin TV tower
- CAPITAL PUNISHMENT FOR RELIGIOUS MADNESS At last ...
- BANGLADESHI BLOGS - another update
- SEARCHING FOR FATWAS I was really surprised by th...
- FREEDOM OF SPEECH UPDATE Pickled Politics reports...
- THE GARMENTS INDUSTRY RIOTS IN BANGLADESH The rea...
- TODAY'S LINKS * And they now gear up narcotic jih...
- WAR AGAINST TERROR IN TAMPA, USA They just wanted...
- BRAND BLUES Branding Bangladesh in a new way:- DK...
- <!--begin bat blogroll-->Bloggers Against TortureJ...
- TODAY'S LINKS * American soldiers who shoot 3-yea...
- ANOTHER ELECTION PROMISE? Rumi of Drishtipat wrot...
- NAVIGATION SYSTEM IN BANGLADESH I really don't k...
- UNUSUAL RETREAT Ever thought of getting an opport...
- SHAHIDUL UP CLOSE Shahidul Alam is a pioneer in p...
- TODAY'S LINKS * Match schedule (fixture) for the ...
- CENSORING THE DA VINCI CODE The movie is schedule...
- BLAME IT ON THE BULLY Its true that Biman do not ...
- BANGLADESH BLOG BUZZ: Crossposted in the Global V...
- TODAY'S LINKS * What do you do when someone steal...
- BANGLA WIKIPEDIA I got an email from Ragib Hasan,...
- OF WHAT RELIGION ARE YOU? Are you a Muslim, Buddh...
- TODAY'S LINKS * Bangladesh: Colour and chaos unsp...
- SECURE YOUR RIGHT TO VOTE The Change Bangladesh b...
- BLACK MONEY Ways to make your black money white i...
- LETTER DIPLOMACY Between Bush and Ahmadinejad—two...
- GERMAN CITIZENSHIP After much controversy, German...
- TODAY'S LINKS * The Committee to Protect Bloggers...
- LESSONS NEEDED FOR THE EC A Database can be edite...
- BRING THE ARMY In Bangladesh, the army is called ...
- FREE ALAA I am really shocked! Alaa Ahmed Seif a...
- ON RACISM Got an email which claims that the foll...
- UNVEILING SAUDI ARABIA This is good news. Saudi A...
- ▼ May (34)
- ► 2005 (373)
- ► 2004 (329)