SOUTH ASIAN BLOG ROUNDUP
- Rifat of ‘Close your eyes and try to see’ discusses premarital sex in the context of Bangladesh.
- Shappir of ‘Bring your own Shisha’ recollects the story of Joseph/Yusuf/Yosef, the prophet of three religions to uphold the virtue of forgiveness.
- Razib of ‘Me, myself and Bangladesh’ links to a report that designers from Bangladesh are using khadi for designing bridal sarees and suits. What more they are fast becoming popular in India.
- Sadiq tells about the golden rules of various religions in his blog “Inspirations and Creative Thoughts”.
- Salam of ‘Salam Dhaka’ comments that the current Bangladeshi government is not good for poor people.
- Selva of ‘The Scientific Indian’ tells how an American outsources his life to India.
- Madman blogs his lunch in an Italian restaurant. Yummy!
- Rajesh Jain of ‘Emergic’ quotes two gems on ‘Digital divide’ and ‘Computers and Education’.
- Shaksi of ‘To each its own’ thinks of the Parsi community in India as a role model for the rest of the Indians.
- Ahmed has had it with the elderly people.
- International Nepal Solidarity Network reports that the identity and movement of all Indian and Nepalese nationals crossing the Indo-Nepal border will be recorded from November 1 by border security forces of both the countries.
- Dinesh of ‘United We Blog’ remarks that the Nepali political parties want democracy, but the King talks election. This draws an interesting debate.
- Laetitia-Marie of ‘Karma Sonam Gurung’ reports that the national human rights commission in Nepal accused both Maoists and security forces of failing to protect child rights as per national and international laws in a recent report.
- Binita Shrestha blogs from New York and brings to us all about court reporting.
-Mudassir of ‘Pakistani perspective’ links to some online credit card donations for Pakistan’s earthquake relief.
- ‘The Glasshouse’ posts some heartbreaking facts about the Kashmir Quake 2005. He also takes a critical look at Pakistani leadership dealing with the disaster.
- Shirazi of ‘Light Within’ links to some Pakistani bloggers response to the quake. Maria posts roundups of media responses to the quake.
-Metroblogging Lahore has lots of info and links of the quake.
- Pakistani Bloggers like Sepoy of ‘Chapati Mystery’ are taking personal initiatives to raise money for the victims.
- Marisa Wikramanayake discusses the question of whether there is such a thing as a just war?
- Via ‘Lanka Citizen’ the voice of the ordinary public warns the politicians for accountability.
- Shandy, a British expatriate writes about his travel in many beautiful destinations in Sri Lanka, with lots of pictures.
- Kate Baumgartner posts some beautiful pictures from Sri Lanka.