SOUTH ASIAN BLOG ROUNDUP
(Crossposted in the Global Voices Online.)
- Subhan shares some typical & unique Bangladeshi styles from personal observations in a post called “You know you are Bangladeshi when*@#!!”
- Arafat of ‘Anthology’ analyses a news about “the first Muslim gay marriage in Pakistan” in the light of a previous discussion of the subject which reveals:
"In sharp contrast to Christianity, which considers homosexuality to be a pathological character defect and homosexuals to be abnormal, perverted individuals, Islamic jurisprudence adopts a more restrained attitude, according to which attraction towards members of one’s own sex is viewed as entirely normal and natural."
- Asif explores the possibility whether a Dhaka-centric FM-Radio-Channel transmitting live commentary of the Dhaka traffic be established on the basis of the visual display of the traffic using GPS technology.
- Sadiq tells about the power of chanting in his blog “Inspirations and Creative Thoughts” and posts a beautiful ‘prayer for Ramadan’
- Neha is angry at the Delhi High Court’s ruling that the marriage of 15 year old minor girls are valid.
- Nitin of “The Acorn” tells us about a new Indian online craze “PublicGyan” - (The public knowledge exchage ), which is an online prediction futures market. He links to the plugins for Blogger, MovableType and WordPress — that enable bloggers to display their PublicGyan profile on their blogs.
- Kamla Bhat provides podcasting of headline news from India regularly.
- Charu has details of the festival of nine nights and ten days
-Abhi of Sepia Mutiny analyses the notion - “Do arranged marriages contribute to terrorism?”
- Iruvaihudhu claims that the Maldives president Mamun A. Gayoom’s son Ghassan is his chosen successor.
- Samudaya.org has the latest on the political turmoil Nepal is facing.
- United We Blog posts an experience of a Nepali Gay.
- Via a Pakistani girl’s blog we get the news of a 7.6 magnitude earthquake in Islamabad and Rawalpindi extending to New Delhi in India, Sri Nagar in Kashmir, Peshawar and Lahore in Pakistan.
- Sepoy of “Chapaty Mystery” discusses six different views often heard in the West.
- Shiraji of “Light Within” explains Ramadan.
- Colombo goes crazy over books!
- The Magic of Music from ‘One One Things’.
- Fear… Its causes and result in the Sri Lankan Context via Komisiripala.
- Nittewa has thoughts on being Sri Lankan.
SOUTH ASIAN BLOG ROUNDUP
- Awami League
- Breaking News
- citizen journalism
- Global Voices
- Global Warming
- Guest Post
- Human Rights
- international relations
- Khaleda Zia
- Liberation war
- Natural Disaster
- New Media
- Press freedom
- Sheikh Hasina
- Social media
- web 2.0
- world cup
My other selves:
From My Flickr
- ► 2013 (32)
- ► 2012 (61)
- ► 2011 (105)
- ► 2010 (168)
- ► 2009 (212)
- ► 2008 (379)
- ► 2007 (470)
- ► 2006 (401)
- THE BEST OF BANGLADESH -part 1 We are quick to po...
- WHAT DO THEY WANT? Yesterday I was shocked to hea...
- A PEEK INTO THE BANGLADESH BLOGOSPHERE (crosspost...
- MONGA BLUES It is very sad that yet another year ...
- THE SERPENT HISSES The Bangladesh security forces...
- TODAY'S LINKS * No longer safe for work: Blogs? ...
- TATA BYE BYE More bad news. India's Tata Group's ...
- BLOG QUAKE DAY - OCTOBER 26, 2005 Today is the ...
- QUOTE OF THE DAY "I have learned how to eat with...
- KILL OR CURE An interesting BBC documentary film ...
- TODAY'S LINKS * ScholarsBangladesh.com - is a dat...
- ROAD TO EAST Bangladesh had long sought a land po...
- THE CONCERT FOR BANGLADESH RE-RELEASED Via Unhear...
- COMMENT OF THE DAY sharing is knowing advancing ...
- BANGLADESHI BLOGS - another update Here is anothe...
- MOST CORRUPT NATION - ANOTHER DISCLAIMER It's not...
- QUOTE OF THE DAY The definition of nostalgia by...
- OIC's ROLE An editorial in the Pakistan Times sla...
- 72 VIRGINS Time for a good laugh. Saudi blogger A...
- SOUTH ASIAN BLOG ROUNDUP Bangladesh: - Rifat of ...
- TODAY'S PICKS * Creative Commons - how it began. ...
- QUOTE OF THE DAY "You know, we bloggers are alwa...
- HER NAME IS BANGLADESH Karishma Huda writes a won...
- WE APOLOGIZE TO YOU DEEPALI Via unheard voices I ...
- QUOTE OF THE DAY "Come to Bangladesh before the ...
- TODAY'S LINKS * David Frost joins Al-Jazeera TV. ...
- WHEN THE EARTH SHAKES A major earthquake rocked P...
- BRANDING BANGLADESH Bangladesh has long been bran...
- TODAY'S LINKS * A Bangladeshi student shows the w...
- DURGA PUJA IN BANGLADESH Durga Puja is the most i...
- SOUTH ASIAN BLOG ROUNDUP (Crossposted in the Glob...
- A PEEK INTO THE FUTURE While searching for the ro...
- TODAY'S LINKS * Meet the fakers * Why India is b...
- A ROUND OF APPLAUSE FOR POLICE DEPT. The Banglade...
- MEANING OF LIFE Sadiq, the most humble blogger I ...
- QUOTE OF THE DAY "For the first time in 33 years...
- TREADLE PUMP This is pretty amazing: Treadle pu...
- MUCH ADO ABOUT Census figures confirm that Bangla...
- TERRORIST AND MEDIA The role of media is no less ...
- JOB HUNT If you are a textile engineer in Banglad...
- QUOTE OF THE DAY "It's very difficult being a mo...
- DATASHAK: SUSPECTED AS WEED Datashak (Amaranth) a...
- QUOTE OF THE DAY "NGOs don't really exist for th...
- ▼ October (43)
- ► 2004 (329)