BANGLADESH BLOG BUZZ
(Crossposted in the Global Voices Online)
The latest happenings in Bangladesh related blogs around the world:
* Tourism: A tourist in Bangladesh explores Mainamati, where a number of Buddhist archeological sites can be found.
* Pictures: Zev posts photos of Sonargaon, the ancient capital of Isa Khan’s kingdom in Bengal. It is located near the current-day city of Narayanganj, Bangladesh. More pictures from Zev of old Dhaka, now capital of Bangladesh.
* Society: Adhunika blog discusses two important issues in Bangladeshi society "When to get married": Before or after graduation? And on the status of the single women in the society.
* Review: Journalist Ahmede Hossain does a review of a Bengali film : Ontorjatra (Home-Land) directed by Tareque Masud and Catherine Masud.
* Religion: In his quest for truth and spirituality, Sadiq finds that Jesus also travelled to India.
* World Cup: Shafiur writes how dramatic the symbolism in football can be. Mezba classifies the ubiquitous flag wavers.
* Blogs and business: Razib of the South Asia Biz Blog comments that blogs can help South Asian companies grow.
* Living: Dutch expat Hermie living in Dhaka has had enough with her American neighbor.
* Bangla Blogging: "Give me a notepad, I will give you a community"- Hasin hayder, the man behind the sensational Bangla blogging platform "Somewhereinblog.net" writes how it was born and on its latest developments. He has thoughts of expanding it to a wider community.