Bangladesh has been flooded with conspiracy theories lately. The term conspiracy (n, a secret plan by a group of people to do something illegal or harmful) is misused by all and sundry. The textile workers are protesting, bombs went off in a cinema hall:- must be international conspiracies. It seems all that can not be explained or not to be explained logically are simply branded with the term 'international conspiracy'.
The latest international conspiracy was pronounced yesterday in newspapers by the Prime Minister’s son Tareq Rahman’s friend Giasuddin Al-Mamun. We have been hearing about these since years but Sunita Paul has written about him in the Asian Tribune on June 3, 2006 in an article on Election 2007 in Bangladesh:
Gias Uddin Al-Mamun, is one of the hated names in Bangladesh, who, just because of being Tareq Rahman’s friend, became one of the richest men in the country from extreme poverty status.
In recent years, it is alleged that Mamun has also established links with Indian intelligence agency and he now plays an important role in politically guiding Tareq in taking extremely pro-Indian stand. It was already reported in Bangladesh press that, Mamun maintains close relations with several Indian beauties, who are used by this man for gaining several favors for New Delhi from influential figures in Bangladesh.
Tareq according to reports is also a very potential prey for Mamun, which this young politician either fails to realize or simply ignores, because of some unknown fact. Mamun was the main figure in smuggling a few million dollars to Malaysia accrued illegally as alleged, from number of projects, which brought extremely bad reputation for Begum Khaleda Zia and her government.
Although some of the BNP leaders are now speaking against corruption, they too know for sure that, even Begum Khaleda Zia does not have the courage to arrest Mamun and send him to prison to face series of corruption charges.
Sunita Paul writes in a follow up that in a interview in a local newspaper Mamun termed the accusations of Sunita Paul as "an international conspiracy". She comments:
The statement of Giasuddin Al-Mamun proves that, these shameless corrupts are not only desperate in continuing their wrong doings, they almost know for sure that, under the protection of Tareq Rahman, BNP government will have no reason to take any action against them.
Well Mr. Mamun, is not it the time that you explain the source of your fortune instead of the conspiracy crap? I am waiting to hear BNP's comment about this issue.
- Awami League
- Breaking News
- citizen journalism
- Global Voices
- Global Warming
- Guest Post
- Human Rights
- international relations
- Khaleda Zia
- Liberation war
- Natural Disaster
- New Media
- Press freedom
- Sheikh Hasina
- Social media
- web 2.0
- world cup
My other selves:
From My Flickr
- ► 2013 (32)
- ► 2012 (61)
- ► 2011 (105)
- ► 2010 (168)
- ► 2009 (212)
- ► 2008 (379)
- ► 2007 (470)
- CORRUPT MILLIONAIRE MINISTERS OF BANGLADESH Recei...
- TRANSPARENCY Another election pledge remains unfu...
- BANGLADESH BLOG BUZZ (Crossposted in the Global Vo...
- TODAY'S PHOTO Berlin has a mixture of old and mo...
- TODAY'S LINKS * Bangladesh’s fraying democracy. ...
- LEARNING ENGLISH IN JAPAN Can be fun!
- BRAVO AUSTRALIA The Australian world cup march wa...
- ONE NATION'S HERO IS ANOTHER NATION'S TRAITOR Fli...
- IN THE EYES OF A BEHOLDER I have found yet anothe...
- SOCCER DEMOCRACY After all watching football is b...
- WIND TURBINES IN GERMANY - RENEWABLE ENERGY The ...
- TODAY'S LINKS * Germany's soccer extravaganza. *...
- SIEMENS NOKIA MERGER? Nokia Corporation and Sieme...
- QUOTE OF THE DAY "In no other capital city of th...
- BANGLADESH IS A LAND OF CONFUSION The above is st...
- AN ELEGY FOR BANGLADESH What if someone writes an...
- TODAY'S LINKS * Suicide in religion. * World Cup...
- PHOTO OF THE DAY A sculpture near the state oper...
- WHEN GERMANY WINS If you were staying in your hom...
- INTERNATIONAL WEBLOGGER'S DAY Today is the 3rd an...
- IN A WORLD CUP CITY You know you are in a city ho...
- WORLD CUP BLUES The FIFA world cup is the single ...
- PHOTOS OF THE DAY
- TOOOOOOR! The World Cup 2006 has just been start...
- THE GERMAN CHANCELLOR IS PODCASTING German Chance...
- LOVE GENERATION The French house legend Bob Sincl...
- WORLD CUP, THE COUNTDOWN BEGINS Its less than a d...
- WORLD CUP FEVER Berlin is ready for the world cu...
- ASIA BLOG AWARDS 2006-2007 AsiaPundit is hosting ...
- TODAY'S LINKS * The horrors really are your Ameri...
- 06.06.06 Today's date is the magic date. Is this ...
- A STITCH IN TIME Now that Bangladesh is connected...
- INTERNATIONAL CONSPIRACY Bangladesh has been floo...
- THE ACCENTUATION OF BENGALI It is good to see tha...
- TODAY'S LINKS * What exactly is a Blog, anyway? ...
- MOSQUITO BUSTER This device is desperately needed...
- BERLIN HAUPTBAHNHOF I missed being there, watchi...
- DONATE YOUR QUESTION Dropping Knowledge, a Berlin...
- MUSIC TIME Listening to Shaheen Sheik. Check out ...
- PHOTO OF THE DAY French church in Berlin Musee I...
- ISLAM AND DEMOCRACY In recent times the burning q...
- ▼ June (41)
- ► 2005 (373)
- ► 2004 (329)