A BLACK SPOT IN BERLIN
Just as when the authorities are planning to extend the successful fanmile (German: Fanmeile) for world cup celebrations at the Brandenburger Gate, a car went through the barricades today afternoon in a mysterious mad ride. Twenty one people were injured as the small Volkswagen Polo hit them at 50 Mph speed and eleven are hospitalized (Berliner Morgenpost).
According to TV news the 33 year old driver and his 55 year old women companion are German nationals of Indian origin. Their motive is still unclear. The police did not find any explosive in the car and ruled out any terror cause.
Luckily today there was no play scheduled today otherwise the incident could turn more disastrous. It is believed that around 700,000 people gathered in the fanmile during the match between Germany and Argentina.
A BLACK SPOT IN BERLIN
- Awami League
- Breaking News
- citizen journalism
- Global Voices
- Global Warming
- Guest Post
- Human Rights
- international relations
- Khaleda Zia
- Liberation war
- Natural Disaster
- New Media
- Press freedom
- Sheikh Hasina
- Social media
- web 2.0
- world cup
My other selves:
From My Flickr
- ► 2013 (32)
- ► 2012 (61)
- ► 2011 (105)
- ► 2010 (168)
- ► 2009 (212)
- ► 2008 (379)
- ► 2007 (470)
- Bangladesh Blog Buzz
- QUOTE OF THE DAY
- ISRAELI TARGETS
- YOUTUBE VIDEO OF THE DAY
- THE NEW ASHES
- TODAY'S LINKS
- COLLECTIVE GUILT AND COLLECTIVE PUNISHMENT
- TODAY'S LINKS * Slate's the Middle East interacti...
- YOUTUBE VIDEO OF THE DAY Israel passed by .. he...
- NATION OR RELIGION? Result of an interesting surv...
- TODAY'S LINKS * Robert Fisk: If the Lebanese disl...
- LOVE ATTACK ON MERKEL The Bild reports that at th...
- YOUTUBE VIDEOS OF THE DAY YouTube is serving 100 ...
- WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM? Indian bloggers in some par...
- THE REAL AIM OF THE WAR Sabbah, a Palestinian blo...
- QUOTE OF THE DAY "See, the irony is what they re...
- TSUNAMI STRIKES AGAIN Today a tsunami has struck ...
- WHAT THEY HAVE DONE TO DESERVE THIS? The war is o...
- TODAY'S LINKS * Israel’s catch-22. * why Hizboll...
- QUOTE OF THE DAY " Israel invaded Lebanon twice ...
- ARE GERMANS BECOMING LAZY? Germans are known in t...
- THE SAYEEDI AFFAIR The recent UK visit of Delwar ...
- YOUTUBE VIDEO OF THE DAY Bollywood rap
- TODAY'S LINKS * The best of Germany 2006. * Shoc...
- IS THIS THE BIG WAR? "War is regarded as nothing b...
- TODAY'S LINKS * End this punishment of the Palest...
- MUMBAI TRAIN BLASTS Seven serial blasts have rock...
- IN SEARCH OF AN ANSWER The most burning question ...
- CHANGING ATTITUDES There are numerous examples of...
- I WAS THERE! I had a wonderful experience watchin...
- TODAY'S LINKS * There is an alternative to Islam’...
- YOUTUBE VIDEO OF THE DAY The Germany Argentina ...
- THE ERA OF WEBBASED PC HAS BEGAN "A desktop in my ...
- QUOTE OF THE DAY " What is Tibet? Is it just ano...
- PHOTOS OF THE DAY The fountain of Sony center i...
- TODAY'S LINKS * Early Bengali science fiction * ...
- A BLACK SPOT IN BERLIN Just as when the authoriti...
- AGAINST ALL ODDS Every Saturday the daily Prothom...
- THE PRIZE FOR CORRUPTION Bangladesh is constantly...
- DEUTSCHLAND DEUTSCHLAND The World Cup has change...
- MUSLIM NATIONALISM IN UK? Alton Towers in Staffor...
- VIDEO PODCAST IN BANGLADESH The above is a title ...
- DAMAGING PUBLIC PROPERTY Desh of Dristikone blog ...
- ▼ July (44)
- ► 2005 (373)
- ► 2004 (329)