WHAT THEY HAVE DONE TO DESERVE THIS?
The war is on in full swing. A public opinion poll at Sky News reveals that 83% people supports Israel's attack on Lebanon. There is an interesting discussion going on in Winds of Change blog whether Israel was right to bomb Beirut instead of Hizbollah strongholds.
"Israel should not have bombed Central Beirut, which was almost monolithically anti-Hezbollah. They should not have bombed my old neighborhood, which was almost monolithically anti-Hezbollah. They should not have bombed the Maronite city of Jounieh, which was not merely anti-Hezbollah but also somewhat pro-Israel.
Israelis thinks everyone hates them. It isn't true, especially not in Lebanon. But they will make it so if they do not pay more attention to the internal characteristics of neighboring countries." - Michael J Totten
Israel or Hizbollah whoever was right or wrong for these actions, the kid in Beirut (above left) and more in Haifa did not deserve to die like this. Israeli kids are taking shelter (above right) inside makeshift bunkers to be safe from Hizbollah rockets. What future are we promising these kids?
Photo source: Lebanese Blogger Forum and Pajamasmedia.
WHAT THEY HAVE DONE TO DESERVE THIS?
- Awami League
- Breaking News
- citizen journalism
- Global Voices
- Global Warming
- Guest Post
- Human Rights
- international relations
- Khaleda Zia
- Liberation war
- Natural Disaster
- New Media
- Press freedom
- Sheikh Hasina
- Social media
- web 2.0
- world cup
My other selves:
From My Flickr
- ► 2013 (32)
- ► 2012 (61)
- ► 2011 (105)
- ► 2010 (168)
- ► 2009 (212)
- ► 2008 (379)
- ► 2007 (470)
- Bangladesh Blog Buzz
- QUOTE OF THE DAY
- ISRAELI TARGETS
- YOUTUBE VIDEO OF THE DAY
- THE NEW ASHES
- TODAY'S LINKS
- COLLECTIVE GUILT AND COLLECTIVE PUNISHMENT
- TODAY'S LINKS * Slate's the Middle East interacti...
- YOUTUBE VIDEO OF THE DAY Israel passed by .. he...
- NATION OR RELIGION? Result of an interesting surv...
- TODAY'S LINKS * Robert Fisk: If the Lebanese disl...
- LOVE ATTACK ON MERKEL The Bild reports that at th...
- YOUTUBE VIDEOS OF THE DAY YouTube is serving 100 ...
- WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM? Indian bloggers in some par...
- THE REAL AIM OF THE WAR Sabbah, a Palestinian blo...
- QUOTE OF THE DAY "See, the irony is what they re...
- TSUNAMI STRIKES AGAIN Today a tsunami has struck ...
- WHAT THEY HAVE DONE TO DESERVE THIS? The war is o...
- TODAY'S LINKS * Israel’s catch-22. * why Hizboll...
- QUOTE OF THE DAY " Israel invaded Lebanon twice ...
- ARE GERMANS BECOMING LAZY? Germans are known in t...
- THE SAYEEDI AFFAIR The recent UK visit of Delwar ...
- YOUTUBE VIDEO OF THE DAY Bollywood rap
- TODAY'S LINKS * The best of Germany 2006. * Shoc...
- IS THIS THE BIG WAR? "War is regarded as nothing b...
- TODAY'S LINKS * End this punishment of the Palest...
- MUMBAI TRAIN BLASTS Seven serial blasts have rock...
- IN SEARCH OF AN ANSWER The most burning question ...
- CHANGING ATTITUDES There are numerous examples of...
- I WAS THERE! I had a wonderful experience watchin...
- TODAY'S LINKS * There is an alternative to Islam’...
- YOUTUBE VIDEO OF THE DAY The Germany Argentina ...
- THE ERA OF WEBBASED PC HAS BEGAN "A desktop in my ...
- QUOTE OF THE DAY " What is Tibet? Is it just ano...
- PHOTOS OF THE DAY The fountain of Sony center i...
- TODAY'S LINKS * Early Bengali science fiction * ...
- A BLACK SPOT IN BERLIN Just as when the authoriti...
- AGAINST ALL ODDS Every Saturday the daily Prothom...
- THE PRIZE FOR CORRUPTION Bangladesh is constantly...
- DEUTSCHLAND DEUTSCHLAND The World Cup has change...
- MUSLIM NATIONALISM IN UK? Alton Towers in Staffor...
- VIDEO PODCAST IN BANGLADESH The above is a title ...
- DAMAGING PUBLIC PROPERTY Desh of Dristikone blog ...
- ▼ July (44)
- ► 2005 (373)
- ► 2004 (329)