ANCIENT MEDIEVAL STUPIDITY
Syed Kamran Mirza writes this controversial article "Killing by beheading is Islamic!" and tries read out the mindset of the Islamic terrorists, al-Qaeda jihadists, Osama-bin-laden, and so called Wahabi followers. He concludes:
"Time has arrived now to identify and intervening the real cause of this ancient medieval stupidity. Real problem is with the ancient teachings of Islam (read Qur�an) which are outdated and no longer fitting the today�s civilized world. Nothing can change this precarious situation of Muslims unless we realize the real problem and take care of it. "
I quoted in a recent post:
Many Islamic scholars believe that the principle of Ijtihad, the use of reason to apply Qu'ranic injunctions to contemporary values is almost absent in most Islamic countries. Muslim people live within a given social, economic and administrative structure of a particular time and place. Accordingly, many Islamic scholars hold the view that Islamic precepts and practices are to be adapted to meet the needs of the day.
So, the use of reasons and rational and modern interpretation of Quran's words should be applied by a true Muslim, so that Islam's real image can be held high in the world. But if fundamentalist thoughts are encouraged then more of these ancient medieval stupidities would be induced.
ANCIENT MEDIEVAL STUPIDITY
- Awami League
- Breaking News
- citizen journalism
- Global Voices
- Global Warming
- Guest Post
- Human Rights
- international relations
- Khaleda Zia
- Liberation war
- Natural Disaster
- New Media
- Press freedom
- Sheikh Hasina
- Social media
- web 2.0
- world cup
My other selves:
From My Flickr
- ► 2013 (29)
- ► 2012 (61)
- ► 2011 (105)
- ► 2010 (168)
- ► 2009 (212)
- ► 2008 (379)
- ► 2007 (470)
- ► 2006 (401)
- ► 2005 (373)
- BANGLADESHI BLOGS - an update Here is another upd...
- COMFORTABLY NUMB? I have this guilty feeling be...
- FLOOD UPDATE The most happening thing in Bangla...
- QUOTES OF THE DAY * When a tree falls in the...
- WATER WATER EVERYWHERE This year the flood is t...
- MINOR INFRACTIONS OF CIVIL LIBERTIES According ...
- TOWARDS MORE FINANCIALLY SUSTAINABLE ICT MODELS ...
- LINKS OF THE DAY * Jeff Jarvis provides a start...
- COPA AMERICA 2004 Another Brazil - Argentina Fi...
- CLICK HERE FOR THE RECENT POSTS DHAKA HOTTIES ...
- BANGLADESH'S IMAGE PROBLEM Bangladesh is doing ...
- LOST IN TRANSLATION Watched the movie yester...
- LEAVE THE KIDS ALONE It seems imposing gover...
- CAUSE OF THE RECENT FLOOD NASA images show the c...
- ANCIENT MEDIEVAL STUPIDITY Syed Kamran Mirza...
- FLOODS IN BANGLADESH I am sure everyone is awar...
- SLAVERY IN 21ST CENTURY This should have brough...
- DON'T BEAT YOUR WIFE! Once again another wife-b...
- TODAYS POEM MY DEPENDENCE -by Ra...
- LYRICS TIME MONEY Money, get away. Get a ...
- Pluralism in Islam
- LIFESTYLE "A Bangladeshi takes no offence at ha...
- Perils of a cough syrup aggrevated by smuggling ...
- Which came first? The fallacious arguments:
- QUOTES OF THE DAY * Life is really simple, b...
- CLASS DIVISION ..And if you thought that class ...
- BE HAPPY The five simple rules to be happy: ...
- The SMS revolution and Bangladesh Bangladesh ha...
- Apostasy in Islam Arafat (without Yasser!) writ...
- The relevance of understanding Islam Here is an...
- Earthquake prone Dhaka Dhaka is fast becoming a...
- Quote of the day
- Much ado about bread Although a traditional bre...
- Islami Banking in Bangladesh
- EURO 2004 update This years Euro champions leag...
- ▼ July (35)