LOST IN TRANSLATION
Watched the movie yesterday. It was an unconventional drama with a touch of comedy. The writer/director Sofia Coppola won an Oscar for the category "Best Screenplay Written Directly for the Screen". It is a story of a friendship between two dislocated married persons -A mid-aged American movie star and an young lady both staying at the same hotel in Tokyo. The both were suffering from loneliness and burdens of married life, where responsibilities overshadow personal feelings. The friendship does not involve sex, greed or other allures. Rather it was filled with companionship and joy like they both share a bed the whole night just talking to each other and trying to find themselves. The movie ends with no cinematic twist, like both deciding to stay together or having sex. Instead they part with a sweet memory of friendship, which has given them solace from loneliness and discover their true selves. Browse this message board for viewers comments.
I always wondered whether it is really possible for a man and a women to be just friends without involvement of sex, greed or other reasons. This friendship will not hamper each other�s personal lives and the friendship would last long in companionship without any definitive goal. I know from experience that this is not possible because all the time other social factors come in between and the friendship does not remain without any definitive goal. And when the friendship turns to something else, often it has dismal ending. Do you have any such experience?
LOST IN TRANSLATION
- Awami League
- Breaking News
- citizen journalism
- Global Voices
- Global Warming
- Guest Post
- Human Rights
- international relations
- Khaleda Zia
- Liberation war
- Natural Disaster
- New Media
- Press freedom
- Sheikh Hasina
- Social media
- web 2.0
- world cup
My other selves:
From My Flickr
- ► 2012 (61)
- ► 2011 (105)
- ► 2010 (168)
- ► 2009 (211)
- ► 2008 (379)
- ► 2007 (470)
- ► 2006 (401)
- ► 2005 (373)
- BANGLADESHI BLOGS - an update Here is another upd...
- COMFORTABLY NUMB? I have this guilty feeling be...
- FLOOD UPDATE The most happening thing in Bangla...
- QUOTES OF THE DAY * When a tree falls in the...
- WATER WATER EVERYWHERE This year the flood is t...
- MINOR INFRACTIONS OF CIVIL LIBERTIES According ...
- TOWARDS MORE FINANCIALLY SUSTAINABLE ICT MODELS ...
- LINKS OF THE DAY * Jeff Jarvis provides a start...
- COPA AMERICA 2004 Another Brazil - Argentina Fi...
- CLICK HERE FOR THE RECENT POSTS DHAKA HOTTIES ...
- BANGLADESH'S IMAGE PROBLEM Bangladesh is doing ...
- LOST IN TRANSLATION Watched the movie yester...
- LEAVE THE KIDS ALONE It seems imposing gover...
- CAUSE OF THE RECENT FLOOD NASA images show the c...
- ANCIENT MEDIEVAL STUPIDITY Syed Kamran Mirza...
- FLOODS IN BANGLADESH I am sure everyone is awar...
- SLAVERY IN 21ST CENTURY This should have brough...
- DON'T BEAT YOUR WIFE! Once again another wife-b...
- TODAYS POEM MY DEPENDENCE -by Ra...
- LYRICS TIME MONEY Money, get away. Get a ...
- Pluralism in Islam
- LIFESTYLE "A Bangladeshi takes no offence at ha...
- Perils of a cough syrup aggrevated by smuggling ...
- Which came first? The fallacious arguments:
- QUOTES OF THE DAY * Life is really simple, b...
- CLASS DIVISION ..And if you thought that class ...
- BE HAPPY The five simple rules to be happy: ...
- The SMS revolution and Bangladesh Bangladesh ha...
- Apostasy in Islam Arafat (without Yasser!) writ...
- The relevance of understanding Islam Here is an...
- Earthquake prone Dhaka Dhaka is fast becoming a...
- Quote of the day
- Much ado about bread Although a traditional bre...
- Islami Banking in Bangladesh
- EURO 2004 update This years Euro champions leag...
- ▼ July (35)