LEAVE THE KIDS ALONE
It seems imposing government ideology in textbooks of schoolchildren is not only Bangladesh's problem. According to this report:
In the past five years, Indian schoolchildren of all faiths have learned quite a bit about the culture of the Hindu majority. The Communist Party of India, coalition partner of the ruling Congress Party called for yet another rewrite of Indian history, so that the schoolchildren can learn India's many cultures instead of focusing on the religion of the majority.
Can't the governments just leave the kids alone?
LEAVE THE KIDS ALONE
- Awami League
- Breaking News
- citizen journalism
- Global Voices
- Global Warming
- Guest Post
- Human Rights
- international relations
- Khaleda Zia
- Liberation war
- Natural Disaster
- New Media
- Press freedom
- Sheikh Hasina
- Social media
- web 2.0
- world cup
My other selves:
From My Flickr
- ► 2012 (61)
- ► 2011 (105)
- ► 2010 (168)
- ► 2009 (211)
- ► 2008 (379)
- ► 2007 (470)
- ► 2006 (401)
- ► 2005 (373)
- BANGLADESHI BLOGS - an update Here is another upd...
- COMFORTABLY NUMB? I have this guilty feeling be...
- FLOOD UPDATE The most happening thing in Bangla...
- QUOTES OF THE DAY * When a tree falls in the...
- WATER WATER EVERYWHERE This year the flood is t...
- MINOR INFRACTIONS OF CIVIL LIBERTIES According ...
- TOWARDS MORE FINANCIALLY SUSTAINABLE ICT MODELS ...
- LINKS OF THE DAY * Jeff Jarvis provides a start...
- COPA AMERICA 2004 Another Brazil - Argentina Fi...
- CLICK HERE FOR THE RECENT POSTS DHAKA HOTTIES ...
- BANGLADESH'S IMAGE PROBLEM Bangladesh is doing ...
- LOST IN TRANSLATION Watched the movie yester...
- LEAVE THE KIDS ALONE It seems imposing gover...
- CAUSE OF THE RECENT FLOOD NASA images show the c...
- ANCIENT MEDIEVAL STUPIDITY Syed Kamran Mirza...
- FLOODS IN BANGLADESH I am sure everyone is awar...
- SLAVERY IN 21ST CENTURY This should have brough...
- DON'T BEAT YOUR WIFE! Once again another wife-b...
- TODAYS POEM MY DEPENDENCE -by Ra...
- LYRICS TIME MONEY Money, get away. Get a ...
- Pluralism in Islam
- LIFESTYLE "A Bangladeshi takes no offence at ha...
- Perils of a cough syrup aggrevated by smuggling ...
- Which came first? The fallacious arguments:
- QUOTES OF THE DAY * Life is really simple, b...
- CLASS DIVISION ..And if you thought that class ...
- BE HAPPY The five simple rules to be happy: ...
- The SMS revolution and Bangladesh Bangladesh ha...
- Apostasy in Islam Arafat (without Yasser!) writ...
- The relevance of understanding Islam Here is an...
- Earthquake prone Dhaka Dhaka is fast becoming a...
- Quote of the day
- Much ado about bread Although a traditional bre...
- Islami Banking in Bangladesh
- EURO 2004 update This years Euro champions leag...
- ▼ July (35)