Earthquake prone Dhaka
Dhaka is fast becoming a megacity of humans and bricks. Unofficial sources say almost 13 million people now live in Dhaka city (which has by now encroached more barren land from surroundings and expanded). Housing industry is a big industry here and every day numerous houses are being built.
According to this article, Dhaka region is prone to earthquake as it is on a seismic fault. It would only need a big earthquake (above 8.0) to destroy millions life as Dhaka city will in be rubles of concrete, metal and dust.
So a earthquake monitoring network in Bangladesh should be developed and the authorities should take proper measures to find out those old structures which have not earthquake protection and do something to ensure that there is minimum loss in case of an earthquake.
Otherwise death will hang around the Dhakaites.
Earthquake prone Dhaka
- Awami League
- Breaking News
- citizen journalism
- Global Voices
- Global Warming
- Guest Post
- Human Rights
- international relations
- Khaleda Zia
- Liberation war
- Natural Disaster
- New Media
- Press freedom
- Sheikh Hasina
- Social media
- web 2.0
- world cup
My other selves:
From My Flickr
- ► 2013 (32)
- ► 2012 (61)
- ► 2011 (105)
- ► 2010 (168)
- ► 2009 (212)
- ► 2008 (379)
- ► 2007 (470)
- ► 2006 (401)
- ► 2005 (373)
- BANGLADESHI BLOGS - an update Here is another upd...
- COMFORTABLY NUMB? I have this guilty feeling be...
- FLOOD UPDATE The most happening thing in Bangla...
- QUOTES OF THE DAY * When a tree falls in the...
- WATER WATER EVERYWHERE This year the flood is t...
- MINOR INFRACTIONS OF CIVIL LIBERTIES According ...
- TOWARDS MORE FINANCIALLY SUSTAINABLE ICT MODELS ...
- LINKS OF THE DAY * Jeff Jarvis provides a start...
- COPA AMERICA 2004 Another Brazil - Argentina Fi...
- CLICK HERE FOR THE RECENT POSTS DHAKA HOTTIES ...
- BANGLADESH'S IMAGE PROBLEM Bangladesh is doing ...
- LOST IN TRANSLATION Watched the movie yester...
- LEAVE THE KIDS ALONE It seems imposing gover...
- CAUSE OF THE RECENT FLOOD NASA images show the c...
- ANCIENT MEDIEVAL STUPIDITY Syed Kamran Mirza...
- FLOODS IN BANGLADESH I am sure everyone is awar...
- SLAVERY IN 21ST CENTURY This should have brough...
- DON'T BEAT YOUR WIFE! Once again another wife-b...
- TODAYS POEM MY DEPENDENCE -by Ra...
- LYRICS TIME MONEY Money, get away. Get a ...
- Pluralism in Islam
- LIFESTYLE "A Bangladeshi takes no offence at ha...
- Perils of a cough syrup aggrevated by smuggling ...
- Which came first? The fallacious arguments:
- QUOTES OF THE DAY * Life is really simple, b...
- CLASS DIVISION ..And if you thought that class ...
- BE HAPPY The five simple rules to be happy: ...
- The SMS revolution and Bangladesh Bangladesh ha...
- Apostasy in Islam Arafat (without Yasser!) writ...
- The relevance of understanding Islam Here is an...
- Earthquake prone Dhaka Dhaka is fast becoming a...
- Quote of the day
- Much ado about bread Although a traditional bre...
- Islami Banking in Bangladesh
- EURO 2004 update This years Euro champions leag...
- ▼ July (35)