Much ado about bread
Although a traditional breakfast of the Bangladeshis contain Roti/Chapati or Parata, urban people are habituated with breads (Pauruti) from bakeries. There are many alarming news like this about the quality of the bakeries products and the authorities inactivity to do something about it. Everybody is aware of it. That's why many try to find the best quality of breads in the market. In recent times I have purchased breads from different sources and brands to find out what quality is best and affordable. I was surprised with the fact that a 500g bread costs from Taka 12 to Taka 55. No doubt that the costlier ones come from a reputed bakery and should be of good quality. But in absence of proper regulatory system should the people trust the big names too? Another factor is that considering the average salary of a government employee, one would have to spend almost one fourth of his salary in buying packaged bread for his/her family for the whole months breakfast. Is that affordable by mass? Should'nt there be a regulation for prices also? For many, there is no alternative to the traditional Roti/Chapati, which is home made and safe.
Much ado about bread
- Awami League
- Breaking News
- citizen journalism
- Global Voices
- Global Warming
- Guest Post
- Human Rights
- international relations
- Khaleda Zia
- Liberation war
- Natural Disaster
- New Media
- Press freedom
- Sheikh Hasina
- Social media
- web 2.0
- world cup
My other selves:
From My Flickr
- ► 2012 (61)
- ► 2011 (105)
- ► 2010 (168)
- ► 2009 (211)
- ► 2008 (379)
- ► 2007 (470)
- ► 2006 (401)
- ► 2005 (373)
- BANGLADESHI BLOGS - an update Here is another upd...
- COMFORTABLY NUMB? I have this guilty feeling be...
- FLOOD UPDATE The most happening thing in Bangla...
- QUOTES OF THE DAY * When a tree falls in the...
- WATER WATER EVERYWHERE This year the flood is t...
- MINOR INFRACTIONS OF CIVIL LIBERTIES According ...
- TOWARDS MORE FINANCIALLY SUSTAINABLE ICT MODELS ...
- LINKS OF THE DAY * Jeff Jarvis provides a start...
- COPA AMERICA 2004 Another Brazil - Argentina Fi...
- CLICK HERE FOR THE RECENT POSTS DHAKA HOTTIES ...
- BANGLADESH'S IMAGE PROBLEM Bangladesh is doing ...
- LOST IN TRANSLATION Watched the movie yester...
- LEAVE THE KIDS ALONE It seems imposing gover...
- CAUSE OF THE RECENT FLOOD NASA images show the c...
- ANCIENT MEDIEVAL STUPIDITY Syed Kamran Mirza...
- FLOODS IN BANGLADESH I am sure everyone is awar...
- SLAVERY IN 21ST CENTURY This should have brough...
- DON'T BEAT YOUR WIFE! Once again another wife-b...
- TODAYS POEM MY DEPENDENCE -by Ra...
- LYRICS TIME MONEY Money, get away. Get a ...
- Pluralism in Islam
- LIFESTYLE "A Bangladeshi takes no offence at ha...
- Perils of a cough syrup aggrevated by smuggling ...
- Which came first? The fallacious arguments:
- QUOTES OF THE DAY * Life is really simple, b...
- CLASS DIVISION ..And if you thought that class ...
- BE HAPPY The five simple rules to be happy: ...
- The SMS revolution and Bangladesh Bangladesh ha...
- Apostasy in Islam Arafat (without Yasser!) writ...
- The relevance of understanding Islam Here is an...
- Earthquake prone Dhaka Dhaka is fast becoming a...
- Quote of the day
- Much ado about bread Although a traditional bre...
- Islami Banking in Bangladesh
- EURO 2004 update This years Euro champions leag...
- ▼ July (35)